Home

Is there any way to get the CPU to run well?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to get the CPU to run well? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 03:19 AM   #33
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Is there any way to get the CPU to run well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Well I just played another one and Frank Gore went for 124 on me. Looks like its much better now.

Here is what I am using. Rush defense: Reaction, Block Shed, and Tackling all at 40

CPU Rushing: Broken tackles: 65, Run block 70, and fumbles 40
I have my run block at 75, and I had broken tackles at 65 for a while but lowered it because the cpu's success in the running game was too much a function of breaking tackles in the backfield and the stat line on my game would see a huge disparity between broken tackles from my team and the cpu's.

I'm trying to find a solution that allows the cpu success in the run game that is enabled by the offensive line.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:28 AM   #34
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I am enjoying the game so much more now that the cpu can run. I am also seeing nice blocking from both lines, and had 5 sacks last game. AHH its like I can breathe easier now.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:12 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Well I just played another one and Frank Gore went for 124 on me. Looks like its much better now.

Here is what I am using. Rush defense: Reaction, Block Shed, and Tackling all at 40

What do the rest of your sliders look like?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 05:24 AM   #36
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Damn, I am just not able to get the cpu run game going. I've got all of my rush defense sliders at 0, cpu run blocking at 100, break tackle at 80, and held Frank Gore to 13 carries for 7yds. There has to be something else going on here.

It's not like I'm the one even making the play on defense. I'm sitting back in a soft coverage against the run, but as soon as the ball gets handed off to the back I've got players in the backfield putting him on the ground.

It doesn't seem to matter what matchups, mismatches I try to create, I can't get the cpu to run the ball with any success.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:28 AM   #37
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I am enjoying the game so much more now that the cpu can run. I am also seeing nice blocking from both lines, and had 5 sacks last game. AHH its like I can breathe easier now.
using a slightly different variation of your sliders, the cpu finally ran on me! I just played the jets in my raider franchise and T. Jones had 96 yds on 22 carries against me. I still won 27-14, but it was 20-14 until the last minute when I broke off a 48 yd TD with McFadden to end the game.

The cpu having a run game really makes a difference as it keeps them moving the chains on you and keeps the games exciting. Im looking forward to my rematch against the Chargers which has been my only loss in my season opener.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:29 AM   #38
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Damn, I am just not able to get the cpu run game going. I've got all of my rush defense sliders at 0, cpu run blocking at 100, break tackle at 80, and held Frank Gore to 13 carries for 7yds. There has to be something else going on here.

It's not like I'm the one even making the play on defense. I'm sitting back in a soft coverage against the run, but as soon as the ball gets handed off to the back I've got players in the backfield putting him on the ground.

It doesn't seem to matter what matchups, mismatches I try to create, I can't get the cpu to run the ball with any success.
It doesn't make sense, does it? Theoretically if you set sliders at 0 or 100 they should be so far at either end of the spectrum that it is glaringly obvious in its representation on screen. Somehow video games haven't quite gotten this concept down yet.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:48 AM   #39
All Star

OVR: 33

Use holycrap's sliders from the Madden 10 Sliders section in this forum. THey work great for the run game.

I had a game where MJD went for 290 yards against me. Allbeit I had the Colts, and it was raining.

Other games I've been able to shut down LT for about 40 yards rushing but he busted out 80 yards receiving against me.

Give those a whirl. I'm sure you'll have a much more enjoyable time.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:

I was just about to suggest sliders somewhere close to that, but yeah that looks about right.

On rush d, I'm reacting at 40, shedding block at 35, and tackling at 50.

Cpu rush, I'm at broken tackles 55, run block 65, and fumbles 50.

I get a decent run game from the CPU with these. My last game, they ran consistently from 3 to 6 yards per carry

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »