Home

Is there any way to get the CPU to run well?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to get the CPU to run well? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #49
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is there any way to get the CPU to run well?

to the guy saying he's set the cpu run offense sliders all to 100 and his own run defense sliders basically all to 0 and is still shutting down the AI run game and allowing only like a half a yard per carry... I call bs... Idk if you're just mistaken with your sliders and accidently have them backwards, or what, but my sliders are far less extreme than that and I am generating a solid AI run game, and from what other ppl on the boards are saying, they are too
Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 2

I can pretty much guarantee all the people who have "fixed" this issue with sliders are controlling their own players. That's the only reason it's "fixed". The game engine is still broke, as can be proved without user input.

I've just got on after playing two halfs CPU v CPU, with all running sliders 100, all def running sliders at 0. It still can't run. You don't believe me, try it. And this was with AP v Chris Johnson.

So many bad running plays I checked out in Instant Replay. One typified how messed up it is. Defense lines up with 5 down lineman. Each of them is lined up right over one of the Titans OL. So the blocking assignments are cake, block the guy in front of you. CJ runs to the left side of the line, and gets blown up by the DT (and he was going left, not up the middle). The Guards and Tackles had blocked the guys opposite them fine. But the Center had just dropped back and left the guy facing him to run straight into the backfield and kill the play. Really it was ridiculous.

If they all do what they're supposed to do CJ picks up the first down easy (it was like 2nd and 5 or something, inside the 10).

It's a combo. Mostly it's bad assignments. And at times it's bad blocking. I've been playing Madden since the first versions on the Mega Drive. Amazing this is still as bad as it is.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #51
All Star

OVR: 33

Chris Johnson burned me for 260 just then. Ouch.

I've been keeping rushing teams to about 50 and then bam, he pulls out 260 against me.

got crushed 44 - 17. I'm 10-2 now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #52
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Playing on All Pro, here. McFadden had an 80 yard game against me, last game. First game of the season Cedric Benson was doing alright, then he broke a 45 yard run before Bailey caught up to him.

For me, the CPU is doing just fine.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 12

I have set the run blocking to 100 and the reaction time and shedding to 0 but this is the main issue I find. When I play against the Ravens or any team that has mediocre RB they struggle mightily to get somewhere between 10-90 yards a game and usually average less than 2 yards per carry. I tested this by making the CPU play itself and by me playing against the CPU yet I get the same results. On the flip side when I tried this same settings with teams that have elite HBs (Falcons, Vikings) their HBs absolutely tore me apart BADLY. I used the Ravens and AD averaged 10.2 yards per carry and laid 250+ yards with Lewis shadowing him all game and me focusing on run stopping the whole game. Turner laid 150+ yards on me with 6.1 yards per carry. There is a ridiculous separation between elite HBs and regular ones which in theory is a good thing but in practice is making the running game ridiculously unbalanced from team to team. Another issue that I find is that runs up the gut are completely useless even when you use a FB, for the most part I get 2 yards per carry and if I get lucky I pick up 3 yards, while tosses and pitches are absolute money if you have a HB with speed. Running out the shotgun is also completely useless (which is how my patriots mustered the 6th most rushing yards last season) because draws don't work from it and the defense react to the run immediately and stuff you fast. Now I have no issues getting yards since tosses and pitches can get you tons of yards but for the most part running up the middle is a big issue, linemen simply forget to block guys right infront of them. EA please take a look at this things.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #54
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

obelysk, just curious what your speed seperation slider is set to
Old 08-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #55
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Ouch! Wall of Text crits you for 10k!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #56
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
obelysk, just curious what your speed seperation slider is set to
Its actually set to slow, I am using Marino's sliders with that variation that I posted foir the running game.

*Actual time may vary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »