Home

Is this game really that awful??

This is a discussion on Is this game really that awful?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Is this game really that awful??

It aint awfull,it's just that too many people are whining and crying about the problems in the game.If there's son many problems why buy the game.No sports game is actualy perfect,they usualy have flaw.....madden 11 will be flawed,12,13,14 and so on....what did you guys really expect?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Answer to the OP, yes, yes it is. Has a lot of potential, but when balls constantly morph thru players hands and receivers have both feet out of bounds when they make a catch and its ruled a touchdown the game just isn't fun. Forget sim or arcade those things shouldn't be in any football game. I can't remember any game, Madden or NCAA, that had this many obvious problems that occur on a regular basis. Everyone involved in this game failed IMO. That includes the artists, the dev team, and especially the testers. I know they only have a year to make a game, but this game has had more problems than any other. When the rules of football are ignored, then how can you play a football game?

That felt good. I hate Mondays.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #35
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

It is not awful, it just has some errors that need to and can be fixed in a patch. If that is done, I think it will be a lot of fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
with all the complaint/negative threads (probably like 9 out of 10 threads)
No, the vast majority of the comments and threads this year are positive -- 9 out of 10 in support of the game. Sure, many people have some issues with some aspects of the game. Why is that a problem?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 13

I am convinced that a majority of posters on this board just don't like videogames.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think some of the problems are user created too. I've seen a number of complaints that a user will take a small sample from a game and blow it way out of proportion.

For instance:

Not getting enough sacks - I'm averaging about 5 sacks a game with the Falcons. John Abraham comes from the QB's blind side and gets him whenever he's even close.

Holding calls on FG - Seen it once! Out of 12 games I've had one holding call on a FG.

DB's cutting routes before the WR - I'm playing on All-Pro which is probably tied into me not seeing this, but I'm just not.

On the other hand there is a SERIOUS flaw in this game and that is anytime a RB runs a route. People keep talking about the flats being broken, but I think that a wrong assessment. Anytime you have a receiver out of the backfield the ball is always caught and is always a big gain. If this problem isn't fixed then the game goes from a solid title to simply being mediocre.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #39
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Ok.. I have been called a ***** too many times to even count around here.. but I am really not.

I do not blame EA for the exclusive license, but I do blame them for just sitting on this license (and ESPN) and doing nothing for years.

Ok, with that said, I would honestly change my opinion of Madden 10 if EA just for once followed though and actually implemented a complete game.

I am not a hardcore sim guy like Apex or Moody. I really do not care if everything on the field doesn't play out exactly like real football 100% (just as long as its close).

I have said this numerous times here, and to Ian himself, but what just ruins this game for me year after year are all of the little things that EA continually messes up on. These are things that should be simple, and that anyone who just sits down and does some QUALITY CONTROL on the game would point out immediately.
I am not complaining about physics, complex formulas, morphing, animations, or anything like that.

What I am complaining about are all of the little things, and all of the unfinished AND "HALF" implemented aspects of this game. I am just tired of these things.

Stupid thing like the camera cutting away early on your play or field goal is an absolute joke.. and is going on 2 years now in the game.

Its like EA does this on purpose, just so they can say they improved upon it for next year.

If EA nailed every other aspect of this game, and the running animations and tackling were the only thing that needed work, I would be ecstatic!
But this is not the case, as almost every area of this game needs work to either fix or tune. Its a never ending cycle with this game.

I am sure you have hear of the old saying.. "Jack of all trades, master of none"

I just weant EA to master something in this game, finish something, get the little things right for once.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #40
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7

Just curious is this game worth buying? I have always been Ncaa first but this year Madden looks groundbreaking and I am wondering if the dynasty mode is more rewarding than NCAA? Just curious because I am on the fence...
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »