Home

I LOVE Madden Shop(dont knock it till you try it)

This is a discussion on I LOVE Madden Shop(dont knock it till you try it) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #49
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: I LOVE Madden Shop(dont knock it till you try it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheetbone
Why stop now? What if EA decides to bring back the double pass, or HB direct as DLC then your cheese level can increase to 100% pure sharp cheddar you nacho cheese dripping cheater.

Thanks for the respect of other members opinions
Old 08-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrey
this could go in the wishlist section, but since i'm here........ why don't they put different commentating teams in the madden shop. i'd pay for the Monday Night Crew, a Special Playoff Commentating package, Super Bowl Package, Pro Bowl package. and you wouldn't have to buy the special packages until you made it to that portion of the game. so if you're team didn't make the playoffs, well, you don't need to buy that package right now. don't have a player in the Pro Bowl, well, unless you're still gonna play the Pro Bowl, you don't need that package neither. At least make it some stuff that will enhance the realism as well. FYI, not bashing the original OP. do whatever makes the game fun for you.
Wait...WHAT? Why would you want this stuff in the Madden Shop? Wouldn't you just - you know - want it in the game itself to start with?

This is insanity.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #51
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
By supporting this kind of greediness (Which is what Madden Shop is - Period) you're dooming the future of this franchise. If players show that it's okay to have to spend extra real money on things that were just a part of the game in past years, it will get worse. That's just sound business.

If complaining about your willingness to pay EA for features that should just be in the game as cheats to begin with makes me a shark...well, chomp chomp.
I dont remember ever being able to bring someone out of retirement b4?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #52

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
By supporting this kind of greediness (Which is what Madden Shop is - Period) you're dooming the future of this franchise. If players show that it's okay to have to spend extra real money on things that were just a part of the game in past years, it will get worse. That's just sound business.

If complaining about your willingness to pay EA for features that should just be in the game as cheats to begin with makes me a shark...well, chomp chomp.
He has just as much a right to pay for DLC as you or anyone else have not to pay for DLC.

If it really bothers that many people, it will not catch on. I will not be paying for any of it. But if he, or anyone else wants to use it, that is their prerogative, and it in no way shape or form spells "doom."

If the masses don't like it, it will show, if the masses like it, then it will become commonplace. But there is no sense in crucifying the one person here who has admitted to buying it.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I dont remember ever being able to bring someone out of retirement b4?
This was a free, in-the-box feature in 2K5. You could talk players out of retirement. So again, why pay for this stuff when it has been free in past iterations of the game and in it's competitor's titles?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

People used to pay $9.99 for a cheat book to get cheats to do better at games. Now they pay the game maker directly for cheats. Either way I think it is really crazy that someone would pay real money to change a number in a game from one thing to another.

It reminds me of people that would pay $10 and waste 3 hours of their life to play some stupid game because it you can get 1000 Xbox points easily. It's like a teacher in school giving you a star for doing some extra work and there would always be some kids that were really motivated by something as meaningless as a number on a chart or something. You just wasted actual time and money on something totally meaningless.

Clearly these companies have figured out how stupid people are.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #55
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
This was a free, in-the-box feature in 2K5. You could talk players out of retirement. So again, why pay for this stuff when it has been free in past iterations of the game and in it's competitor's titles?
This is the
Madden
Forums

Not 2k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Wait...WHAT? Why would you want this stuff in the Madden Shop? Wouldn't you just - you know - want it in the game itself to start with?

This is insanity.
actually, i would rather have it that way. all i'm saying is that if there is going to be a Madden Shop (which i DON'T agree with), then put something in there that i feel will truly enhance the simulation/presentation aspect of the game. no offense to the OP, but i'm not going to buy stuff the I consider cheats. that's my choice, as much as it is his to buy it. i don't care to know the complete ratings of my draft prospect. heck, i think they should hide the ratings all together, and just have us deal with combine numbers, and transfer what the player did in NCAA if thats the case. but that's another topic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »