Home

I LOVE Madden Shop(dont knock it till you try it)

This is a discussion on I LOVE Madden Shop(dont knock it till you try it) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I LOVE Madden Shop(dont knock it till you try it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I dont remember ever being able to bring someone out of retirement b4?
I know that NCAA had the ability to talk a player out of going pro early, and I know that 2k had the ability to talk a player out of retiring...maybe Madden hasn't had that. I just don't think you should have to pay real money for this stuff, and I'm worried that people are going to grin and bear it and the Madden Shop will only be worse next year as a result.

I'm sorry if I jumped down anyone's throat here - I just don't want to see this catch on. There's nothing wrong with using cheats (Which is what these are, really - but for an offline franchise that's your call) - I just have a major problem with EA telling me that I have to pay extra IRL money for this stuff. If even 10 percent of Madden players spend that extra 10 dollars, it will catch on. It's free money for them. It gives them incentive to take out features (IE - Alternate Jerseys) and make you pay for them. Which they HAVE already tried to do once.

Once again, sorry if I was too aggressive in my criticism of your purchase, although I will say that putting "Don't knock it until you try it" in your title made you an easy target. The idea that I can't be critical of spending real life money for cheats unless I've already done it...that's insane.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxpac
Clearly these companies have figured out how stupid people are.
that's a low blow. if a person WANTS to do it, then let them do it. i know what your point is though, if people continue to give in, then the Madden Shop is justified. i got that, and i'm with you. however, if you can't beat it, at least lets make some suggestions of stuff WORTH buying. trust me, i see your point though.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #59
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

@ DeeGeezy

Got some solid info for ya about the retirement DLC.

Hometown hero can be used on your team one time in Franchise mode.

Not Done Yet can be used one time each year for your team in Franchise Mode.

One More Year can be used on 2 diff players on your team each season in Franchise mode.

Not 100% sure about the cost .It wont show me since I've purchased them already.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #60
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

@ jaxpac

Look I dont think Im stupid at all.
If you would have read my post I clearly stated I didnt agree with it either but I had a couple bucks in my account and figured what the heck.

This is freaking Madden 2010 man.
The game everyone goes crazy to get early or wait in line for a midnight release.
So when I see Madden 2010 in the Playstation store with DLC Im going to check it out.Does that really make me stupid?

I knocked it down when I first read about Madden Shop being in a picture then all of a sudden EA took it down.I was like yeah GREEDY BASTARDS.But after I d/l the DLC I thought they was pretty cool and thought Id shed some light on em
Old 08-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrey
this could go in the wishlist section, but since i'm here........ why don't they put different commentating teams in the madden shop. i'd pay for the Monday Night Crew, a Special Playoff Commentating package, Super Bowl Package, Pro Bowl package. and you wouldn't have to buy the special packages until you made it to that portion of the game. so if you're team didn't make the playoffs, well, you don't need to buy that package right now. don't have a player in the Pro Bowl, well, unless you're still gonna play the Pro Bowl, you don't need that package neither. At least make it some stuff that will enhance the realism as well. FYI, not bashing the original OP. do whatever makes the game fun for you.
+1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #62
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

I bought it and have had fun with it. As long as it isnt usable in online franchise mode or anyother gamemode that is competitive with other users, then I say buy it if you want it, dont buy it if you dont want it, simple as that.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #63
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I bought it and have had fun with it. As long as it isnt usable in online franchise mode or anyother gamemode that is competitive with other users, then I say buy it if you want it, dont buy it if you dont want it, simple as that.
I started the Online Franchise last night.(I didnt make it past week 1) but I didnt see an option to turn it off or on like NCAA has.So if you can use it in ONline EA should add an option to turn it on or off.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 12

I am glad your are enjoying it.

However, myself I am pretty disgusted some of these weren't include with the damn$60+. Having no way of trying to sway a player out of retirement is a HUGE disappointment, and something that SHOULD be included in franchise mode. By the way, the swaying shouldn't be guaranteed.

If EA wanted to make some LARGE NEW addition to Madden and charge me for it (well after the game comes out) that is one thing. It is something completely different to intentionally not include something that should be part of a functional franchise mode and charge me extra.

I am afraid this is a sign of the future of gaming.

Lets make a game 85% complete and sell the other 15% as an extra DLC. Sounds like a good scam to me.

Soon the auto industry will sell you a car but the seats with be an "extra".

You want to bring luggage with you on a vacation, well the luggage is extra we only sold you a seat!

Maybe they will add draft history as a DLC, it should have been included, so I bet it will cost extra...

Last edited by stux; 08-17-2009 at 12:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »