Home

Vick 73 OVR?

This is a discussion on Vick 73 OVR? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Vick 73 OVR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPerk
I agree that his rating is too high.
He was a garage QB to begin with, and now he's been sitting in a prison cell for two years.
How do you give him a 73? Especially after all the ratings were reduced.
But thats EA for you, playing to the interest of the idiot fan.
You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about.

#1: He wasn't a "garbage" QB to begin with. He had enough accuracy and arm strength to throw the deep ball as well as be extremely mobile.

Tell me something...if he was such a "garbage" QB to begin with then why did he have defensive coordinators UP ALL NIGHT trying to gameplan to play against him?

#2: Do you really believe that he sat in a cell for 2 years and did nothing? Ehhh..wrong again bud. If you do a little research, he actually played in a league while in prison, as well as worked out daily.

I agree with the ratings that Donny has set for him because even though he did some football and working out, he still will have alot of rust coming back to the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #26
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about.

#1: He wasn't a "garbage" QB to begin with. He had enough accuracy and arm strength to throw the deep ball as well as be extremely mobile.

Tell me something...if he was such a "garbage" QB to begin with then why did he have defensive coordinators UP ALL NIGHT trying to gameplan to play against him?

#2: Do you really believe that he sat in a cell for 2 years and did nothing? Ehhh..wrong again bud. If you do a little research, he actually played in a league while in prison, as well as worked out daily.

I agree with the ratings that Donny has set for him because even though he did some football and working out, he still will have alot of rust coming back to the NFL.
Exactly! This man was once some considered by some the most dangerous offensive weapon in the NFL, 3 time pro bowler, holder of many NFL records.

Some of you guys act like he was a 2nd string in his prime, he had some injury problems but when he could get on the field he was the most dangerous man on the field, there is no reason he cannot get somewhat close to that level if healthy.

Last edited by Benz87; 08-17-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #27
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709
Exactly! This man was once some considered by some the most dangerous offensive weapon in the NFL, 3 time pro bowler, holder of many NFL records.

Some of you guys act like he was a 2nd string in his prime, he had some injury problems but when he could get on the field he was the most dangerous man on the field, there is no reason he cannot get somewhat close to that level if healthy.

Finally, some people with some sense. I couldn't believe how many people were saying Vick wasn't really all the good even before he went to jail. He's only remembered for his speed and rushing ability, but he actually had one of the stronger arms in the league. Even now, reports out of Eagles camp, are that his arm may be stronger than McNabb's from what they've seen. And the receivers were raving about his deep accuracy. This guy was arguably the top QB in the league in his prime (up there with Brady and Manning.) 73 is a perfect rating (judging by the individual ratings I was looking at earlier in the thread).
Old 08-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #28
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

his ratings are fine if his awr attribute is low enough.yes he could run and yes he drove defenses crazy but he wasnt that smart a qb. His passer ratings were below average at best and obviously if he's going to give up everything he had over some silly small-time dog fights, he aint the sharpest tool in the shed.... 73 seems more than fair considering nobody has seen him in a uniform in two years..(a football uniform, i mean..lol...not state-issued)

Savannah, GA
Old 08-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #29
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
Finally, some people with some sense. I couldn't believe how many people were saying Vick wasn't really all the good even before he went to jail. He's only remembered for his speed and rushing ability, but he actually had one of the stronger arms in the league. Even now, reports out of Eagles camp, are that his arm may be stronger than McNabb's from what they've seen. And the receivers were raving about his deep accuracy. This guy was arguably the top QB in the league in his prime (up there with Brady and Manning.) 73 is a perfect rating (judging by the individual ratings I was looking at earlier in the thread).
OMG!! Up there with Manning and Brady. Really???
How many Super Bowls/ MVP's has Vick won?? ZERO
What's his winning percentage as a starter?
How many playoff victory's does he have?

Look up his career stats. Mainly his passer rating. He's not even Atlanta's best QB much less the best QB in the NFL. Chris Chandler, Bobby Hebert & Jeff George were all better PASSER'S .

Vick is athletic and a weapon but, McNabb is by far a better PASSER. Plus, to think that Vick hasn't lost a step after being out of football for two years is just plain ignorant. But, then again this whole Vick thing is soooo old. I can't believe that I allowed myself to get sucked into it again but, I had to add my .02 about the Manning/Brady comparison.

Back on topic, IMO, his rating is Madden rating is probably a little higher than it should be. He should lose some more awareness points for sure.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
This guy was arguably the top QB in the league in his prime (up there with Brady and Manning.)
I always wondered who, in their right mind, could vote for Vick for the Pro Bowl. Now I know. (and knowing is half the battle...)
Old 08-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709
For those who think Vick is overated, he is a #1 overall pick and 3 time pro bowler still in his prime, if anything he is underated. The main part of his game is his legs, he didnt lose those in jail. You should look in the mirror instead of calling us "Idiot Fans"
The hype and marketing machine behind Vick, combined with ESPN-fans' infatuation with highlights got Vick 3 Pro Bowls as much as anything. And #1 overall pick is damning with faint praise - he might be one of the better #1 overall picks this decade, which is just sad.

For the record, I think the ratings they gave him were pretty close to where I'd go. The athleticism ratings are roughly where I'd place him a few years ago; I might do a slight dock for age and inactivity. I'd seriously drop his short accuracy (70 is much to high for the not-so-heat-seeking missiles he'd throw at his RB's feet) and raise the deep accuracy a little bit. I would probably kill AWR a bit too except that that's one of the stats that determines whether or not a QB tucks and runs and I don't want to truncate his game. But, overall, they're pretty close to where I'd see him so I have no major complaints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #32
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

By all accounts in training camp he still has possibly the strongest arm in the league and I don't think his speed has taken that much of a hit. He's 29 not 39 and is still in his prime. Also, he hasn't been taking hits in the last 2 years. I think EA is severely underrating him but we shall see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »