Home

Am I The Only One Who Cares??? ~Online Franchise & Ranked Games Must Be Fixed

This is a discussion on Am I The Only One Who Cares??? ~Online Franchise & Ranked Games Must Be Fixed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

OVR: 17
Am I The Only One Who Cares??? ~Online Franchise & Ranked Games Must Be Fixed

I've been reading these threads, and I haven't seen many people talking about how, offline the game is set to "slow" speed setting, but when you play all-pro ranked you can only play "normal" speed setting. Not only that, but in our online franchise also, we can only play "normal" speed setting.

Am I the only one who wants to rip my hair out because of this. Here we are with the most realistic madden to date, and they won't even let us play the game online the way they have been marketing it to us. "Slow" speed on both demo's, exclusive and regular, "Slow" speed when you pop in the game and play exhibition, so why would they all of sudden bump the speed up to "normal" when playing a ranked game.

And it doesn't stop there, if you want to play the main advertising feature, "online franchise" you have no choice but to play your whole season in the "normal" speed mode. Am I the only person who thinks this is rediculous. Please help me be heard so on our online franchise they can add to the server, since they claim thats what they can do, an option to choose what gameplay speed we would like to play in our 10 year online franchise.

I can only hope that EA adds this option to the servers because why would they sell us on this slow speed, then force us to play faster modes online. To me it doesn't make sense other than the fact they rather charge us 5 bucks to play the game how its suppose to be played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cares??? ~Online Franchise & Ranked Games Must Be Fixed

You aren't the only one who cares. This has been brought up elsewhere - likely in the "Online Franchise has ISSUES" thread that stays on the front page pretty regularly right now.

I think it's bizarre that the game's default speed offline is different from the default speed online. Part of M10's problem is that they are trying to cover too much ground. It would make more sense to me to design and build the whole game around "Slow" speed this year, and then potentially branch out in future years to allow speed variability.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
Banned

BLBxLakers24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cares??? ~Online Franchise & Ranked Games Must Be Fixed

The game is better played normal speed versus someone.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Are you positive ranked games are played on normal speed? I've played only 2 ranked games and i think it's set on slow which is the speed the game runs at default when you first boot it up.

Seriously, i would like to know because i only play practice and ranked games so i would like to know which speed to pratice on.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

Yeah you are right, I just now recently saw the online franchise thread, but I think this thread is ok, because I would really like to focus on the game speed that needs to be changed.

Now, I'm a man that spent a week in a half playing people online in All-Madden unranked games with 7 min clock. I've played like 14 of these games, and I scrimmage the cpu in all-madden as well. Now a friend challenged me in a ranked game last night and it was my first ever ranked game, and I must say I noticed the speed difference at kick off, and politely asked him to friendly quit after a few plays because I just didn't want to play at that speed.

EA has pushed this slow speed on me in the demo, and offline, and on all-madden unranked. So I was caught by surprise when I noticed the game running faster when I played an all-pro ranked game. After this a friend created a online franchise setting it on all-madden and then invited me to the franchise. I played a game against the cpu and the speed was faster on this as well. He also stated that they didn't even give him an option to put the game on slow speed.

I can't understand why they would do this, I would gladly over look all the problems that we were having if everyone was playing on the same speed. But now we have men that have never played offline and all-pro ranked is all they know, and they are missing out, because slow is the way to go, it feels more realistic. If EA felt the need to make the game come on slow, put the demo on slow, then why the "change of heart" on online ranked games, and online franchise...

There are people saying EA tried to implement a lot this year, and that we can't expect everything to be perfect. I'm not expecting everything to be perfect, but I do expect that a game with multiple game speeds, give me the option to choose my game speed when i'm creating my online franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Ma$$ive
I've been reading these threads, and I haven't seen many people talking about how, offline the game is set to "slow" speed setting, but when you play all-pro ranked you can only play "normal" speed setting. Not only that, but in our online franchise also, we can only play "normal" speed setting.

Am I the only one who wants to rip my hair out because of this. Here we are with the most realistic madden to date, and they won't even let us play the game online the way they have been marketing it to us. "Slow" speed on both demo's, exclusive and regular, "Slow" speed when you pop in the game and play exhibition, so why would they all of sudden bump the speed up to "normal" when playing a ranked game.

And it doesn't stop there, if you want to play the main advertising feature, "online franchise" you have no choice but to play your whole season in the "normal" speed mode. Am I the only person who thinks this is rediculous. Please help me be heard so on our online franchise they can add to the server, since they claim thats what they can do, an option to choose what gameplay speed we would like to play in our 10 year online franchise.

I can only hope that EA adds this option to the servers because why would they sell us on this slow speed, then force us to play faster modes online. To me it doesn't make sense other than the fact they rather charge us 5 bucks to play the game how its suppose to be played.
Just be fortunate you can even start an online franchise...I still can't...
Old 08-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
Just be fortunate you can even start an online franchise...I still can't...
Is it because your book didn't have the code on the back at the very top. If so, on EA madden forums there are other people with your problem, and they give you step by step instructions so that you can obtain your online franchise code.

Getting back on subject, I will be talking more about this speed issue later on tonight, as of right now I have to go to the studio, and won't be back till late.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

bump

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »