Home

Brutal Bug in Madden

This is a discussion on Brutal Bug in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon13 Brutal Bug in Madden

Anyone else have this happen to them or is this a freak occurance>
I was driving down the field just before half time. I'm on the 4 yard line with about 15 seconds to go and no timeouts. I throw a pass about 2 yards into the endzone to Ryan Grant.

It's low so he has to go to the ground to catch it. Play is ruled a TD. The booth reviews. I'm thinking they are reviewing to see that the ball didn't touch the ground.

The Ref overturnes the call of a TD. To my surprise the ball is placed on the goal line and the clock is running. They didn't rule that he didn't catch the ball but somehow they ruled that he caught the ball and was down on the goal line. He was 2 yards deep in the endzone when he made the catch! So now not only do I not get the TD but I don't even get a chance to try again because I have no timeouts and the clock runs out. BRUTAL FLAW.

This problem along with computer players running out of bounds and not being able to hit/tackle guys because they are locked in another tackle animation are the big 3 problems I've seen so far after playing it this weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Brutal Bug in Madden

Tough break. I'd have to see the replay to make a fair and unbiased assesment.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Haven't seen that one. I feel for your pain.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Tough breaks. I can accept bonehead referee decisions as they happen in real life all the time. Just pretend the refs screwed you.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had a similar bug with a review of whether the receiver was in bounds or not. Call was reversed (from a TD) and put on the 1 yard line which is obviously wrong for an incomplete pass.

I didn't notice if the clock was running or not after the ball was spotted but that's a pretty bad bug in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders
Anyone else have this happen to them or is this a freak occurance>
I was driving down the field just before half time. I'm on the 4 yard line with about 15 seconds to go and no timeouts. I throw a pass about 2 yards into the endzone to Ryan Grant.

It's low so he has to go to the ground to catch it. Play is ruled a TD. The booth reviews. I'm thinking they are reviewing to see that the ball didn't touch the ground.

The Ref overturnes the call of a TD. To my surprise the ball is placed on the goal line and the clock is running. They didn't rule that he didn't catch the ball but somehow they ruled that he caught the ball and was down on the goal line. He was 2 yards deep in the endzone when he made the catch! So now not only do I not get the TD but I don't even get a chance to try again because I have no timeouts and the clock runs out. BRUTAL FLAW.

This problem along with computer players running out of bounds and not being able to hit/tackle guys because they are locked in another tackle animation are the big 3 problems I've seen so far after playing it this weekend.

This bug has been seen alot of NCAA, its so nice to see NCAA and Madden show some consistency with how the games work...

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 08-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I haven't had that happen yet, but I have had instances of where what I wanted to challenge and what I ended up challenging were totally different things. This is one of the things they really need to work on, imo. Some realistic challenge options and a little more choice when making the challenge would really elevate it I think.

The other major issue with challenge is that if a play is overturned, your stats for the drive reset. Example: if I fumble but challenge and the fumble is overturned, my stats reset and start from that point on. So if I score on the next play, the drive only lasted 10 seconds and went 13 yards.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
This bug has been seen alot of NCAA, its so nice to see NCAA and Madden show some consistency with how the games work...
That's because they share the same gameplay engine...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »