Home

QB A.I. problems?

This is a discussion on QB A.I. problems? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
QB A.I. problems?

Is it just me or are the qb's trained in this game to do any/everything possible including throwing into triples coverage than take a sack. I swear no matter how much pressure I send or how good pass coverage I have. The CPU's qb's will not let you sack them ever. And would rather throw interceptions than let that happen.

This seems even worse with 3-4 teams. Ive played with Ravens,Pats,Steelers, ect.... vs the Cardinals and it is close to impossible to sack Warner. Cause even when you have good coverage , once he feels pressure he will just throw a pic or hold just throw it as your hitting him causing that short air ball that is happens waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times IMO (although it does help balance the qb%).

What are some of you's doing to get pressure? I dont wanna have to control a DE/DT to get pressure? If Im Troy P or Ed Reed I should not have to control my teammates to get pressure. It should just be a given.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: QB A.I. problems?

I haven't used the 3-4 because I never really liked using it in football games. I use the 4-3 and am getting good pressure and sacks. 2 nights ago I was Seattle and I had 9 sacks against San Francisco. I control Curry and send him off the edge and if he didn't get good pressure then one of the defensive lineman do. Curry ended up with 5 sacks (which is to much) and the line had the other 4. If the CPU is in 3WR formation, I just call a 4-3 zone bitz for Curry. When I first got the game in the CPU was in a 3 WR set I would always be in nickle and I couldn't get a sack for anything. Started using the 4-3 more and now I get to many on some games and other games maybe just 1-2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I use the 3-4 and avg 3 sacks a game with the pats i have 13 total and 3 are by lbs.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

funny thing is im seattle in my offline franch. i played arizona for the 2nd time of the season. the game had 7 picks...yeah 7 PICKS!! i play on 8min qtrs with 15sec acc clock. i threw 2 and warner had 5 f'n picks. it was ridiculous. i was on him like crazy trying to get the achvmt for making him fumble. the more pressure i added the more he would force throws. i may have had 2 sacks if i was lucky. its impossible cuz they just launch it 2 double and triple coverage or robo qb it to an open guy 9/10 sack situations.

im sorry but somethings wrong when a super bowl qb is giving up 5 ints in one game cuz he wont take a sack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »