Home

SIM WAS THE HIDDEN GIMMICK TERM THIS YEAR!!!

This is a discussion on SIM WAS THE HIDDEN GIMMICK TERM THIS YEAR!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
SIM WAS THE HIDDEN GIMMICK TERM THIS YEAR!!!

Right now, I feel that the fans is like a batterd women indenial.Every year I would notice the gimmick term you know weapons ect.....but this year EA use the word sim as bait and caught the other (sim fans) off guard.The presentation was the guppy on the hook,if you take that away what do you got? 09 with better graphics.Sure every game has there bugs but not fundemental basic gameplay bugs that even stevie wonder can see.Im not going to front EA is the most buggy company this gen and they rely on patches more then they do the final product.I know they on a time release every year but if you can't find out the gameplay flaws as simple the repetitive over the shoulder catches, then its a wrap for the whole team and not just the tester either.Thats not my biggest rant but what really gets me heated is that when EA releases patches its just a lil band aid.Last year when I waited for Ncaa 09 to get a patch for the lack of pass rush,EA said they couldn't do it because of the wide open gameplay but yet its still the same issue this year hmmmm.For madden 09 I was waiting for the slider patch that didn't happen either,so will this patches be without the basic gameplay issues? Only time will tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: SIM WAS THE HIDDEN GIMMICK TERM THIS YEAR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-hunned
Right now, I feel that the fans is like a batterd women indenial.Every year I would notice the gimmick term you know weapons ect.....but this year EA use the word sim as bait and caught the other (sim fans) off guard.The presentation was the guppy on the hook,if you take that away what do you got? 09 with better graphics.Sure every game has there bugs but not fundemental basic gameplay bugs that even stevie wonder can see.Im not going to front EA is the most buggy company this gen and they rely on patches more then they do the final product.I know they on a time release every year but if you can't find out the gameplay flaws as simple the repetitive over the shoulder catches, then its a wrap for the whole team and not just the tester either.Thats not my biggest rant but what really gets me heated is that when EA releases patches its just a lil band aid.Last year when I waited for Ncaa 09 to get a patch for the lack of pass rush,EA said they couldn't do it because of the wide open gameplay but yet its still the same issue this year hmmmm.For madden 09 I was waiting for the slider patch that didn't happen either,so will this patches be without the basic gameplay issues? Only time will tell.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

I WOULDNT HAVE SIAD IT ANY BETTER MYSELF.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by womalee23
I WOULDNT HAVE SIAD IT ANY BETTER MYSELF.
LOL! I'm sick of these people saying that M10 is basically the same as M09. That's total BS. I HATED M09 and the ones that came before that. I like 10 a lot. There are some problems that need to be addressed, and hopefully the patches will take care a lot of them.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-hunned
Its sickening that you would even make this comparison. Absolutely sickening.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

You must be playing the wrong game then
Old 08-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

All I know is I am sick of seeing nothing but madden HATE threads. I am a perfect model of "anti-madden". Having not bought madden since 05 on PC. I have tried every "next-gen" version and felt like crap. Madden 10 to me is a HUGE HUGE step in the right direction and is starting to feel like REAL football.

I think some people will NEVER be happy.

I think I will just stay out of the general madden boards, because the level of maturity here is very disturbing. Back to the supporters forum I go
Old 08-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Its sickening that you would even make this comparison. Absolutely sickening.
Oh stop. He's not beating women because he used a strange analogy.

But, I don't agree with the OP. I think there's a lot of great things that 10 brings to the table that 09 didn't.

However, running the football and rushing the pasher really have issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »