Home

Funny Scenario in my Offline Franchise

This is a discussion on Funny Scenario in my Offline Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Funny Scenario in my Offline Franchise

So I'm using the Bears for my offline franchise. FYI, my franchise are setup with the default options. Nothing has been changed except for a few penalty sliders.

Anyways, its Week 9, and I'm facing the Cardinals. I noticed that they're not the same Super Bowl team that we saw last year as their record was a dismal 3-4. I wonder why, so I decided to check out the injury report.

Low and behold, I find my problem. Kurt Warner is sidelined for 3 weeks with a herniated disk. Matt Leinhart is out for the season with a broken ankle. and their current starter Brian St. Pierre had a QB rating of 58.8 in the past 2 games.

I figured, sweet, easy game. (at this point, my Bears were 7-0 on My Skill Difficulty with default CPU sliders)

I started up the game and already figured out my gameplan.. Blitz St. Pierre and make him think World War 3 was starting.

I start the game, and then I noticed something. It wasn't St. Pierre lined up behind the Center. It was, none other than.. TRENT GREEN!

I started laughing thinking that the Cards couldn't get away from their mindstate of having a "veteran" QB. So I continue playing, then something started happening. Trent Green is blowing up my defense with short passes to Fitz and Breaston. By the end of the first they go up 10-0.

In the 4th quarter, I'm down 17-3. My offense was MIA for the entire game. My defense? the only thing keeping me in it, minus the fact that I couldn't stop Trent F'n Green!

So with 5 minutes to go, I receive a punt with Hester.. 15 seconds later.. the score is now 17-10. I run it back to the house.. The sideline is going crazy and I can feel the crowd finally getting into the game. A quick 3 and out for the Cards makes me believe that the game is mine. I move up the field and with less than 30 seconds remaining, I managed to score my first offensive TD with a quick pass to Olsen.

I'm celebrating thinking that the momentum is mine and I'll win the game.

OT starts and I lose the coin toss, but quickly managed to get the ball out after another 3 and out for the Cards offense.

3rd and 7, I decided to go for a hook route with Bennet and Hester. My money first down play, which I've only used once in the game. I go for the quick pass, only to realized that the CB was watching me the entire time... I release the ball, he jumps on it, and just like that.. the game was over 23-17.

Such a great game for me. It was ups and downs all game long. The funny part was that I thought signing Trent would be bad for Arizona. I played the next weeks game, and looked at the scores.. the Cards win again!! improving their record to 5-4. I love how the cpu is much smarter with the team management this year. They actually try to win now!!!

Last edited by shugknight; 08-17-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »