Home

pick sixes and fine tuning this bad boy

This is a discussion on pick sixes and fine tuning this bad boy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
pick sixes and fine tuning this bad boy

Alright - I have to admit , I like this game, however I have 2 major complaints - how about for starters there is like 1 or 2 pick sixes every single game? this is driving me nuts . .. .

here is the other thing that is really bothering me and maybe you guys can help me out here - I have been playing on All madden and just switched to My Skill because the computer is amped up beyond belief on that skill and I can not for the life of me run against them on that skill level even after screwing with the sliders.

The problem I have is that on all pro I kill the computer and it's not even fun- my skill seems too easy too , is anyone else experiencing this ?? I can't find a happy medium , thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: pick sixes and fine tuning this bad boy

Yes. On All Pro online both QBs often complete 80%+ of their passes but on All Madden I see 5-10 INTs per game between the 2 teams. All Pro is tuned too low and on All Madden the defense knows your play and the routes your WRs will run. In a game offline yesterday on All Madden the defense called a cover 0 man blitz which left the SS covering my slot WR, who was running a 5 yard in. At the snap the SS sprinted towards my WR and, before my WR ever broke stride, jumped the square in and then just strafed across waiting for the WR to catch up. once my WR caught up the SS came out of the strafe and ran across the field about a half step in front of him.

With regular All Pro games being too easy and waaaay too short with the acc clock and All Madden having ridiculous pass defense, it's just killing online play for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 08-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: pick sixes and fine tuning this bad boy

yeah i was actually talking about offline franchise but I agree with what you said - Aaron Rodgers was like 12 out 13 with 200 yards in the first half and I couldn't run at all - there def is not that stout , I was averaging under 2 yards a carry
Old 08-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

yea i had a game last nite on 8min qtrs 15sec acc clock. sea(me) vs ariz (cpu). had 7 picks total in that game. 2 from me, 5 from warner. other than that im not having much complaints except for poor oline blocking which screws my run game alot. all pro is more challenging to me than previous years, but im 7-2 in my franch so far.

madden always has the same prob of all-pro usually 2 easy and all-madden being a cpu cheat fest, especially with god-speed so they can hawk u down. at least this year they made the difficulty sliders visible. in the end im sure ill end up going custom and finding a balance in between the all-pro and all-madden sliders.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah the last game i played yesterday I'm in the 2nd year of my franchise, using the rams. I was playing the cardinals Warner threw 7ints 4 of them I returned for 6. The final score was 42-0. The difficulty ratings aren't that effective. Other than that I love this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 36

my advice for you is to stay on all pro but move up the CPU skill at certain aspects in the game in which you dominate them. Or go to All-Madden and lower interceptions, rush defense and anything else you may want to lower.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

if your between levels why don't you make a custom level. you can tune it anyway you want. 10 is all pro, and 15 is all madden so like 12 or 13 would be the middle, but you can change the 4 major areas pass/run offense/defense.
******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">
Old 08-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

has anyone had any success tuning the sliders to get less pick sixes and less picks, and most importantly less passes while getting hit???
******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »