Home

Team Rating Issue after Trade

This is a discussion on Team Rating Issue after Trade within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
Strategy

OVR: 36
Team Rating Issue after Trade

This could have been posted in another thread already, but I couldn't find it.

------------

The Issue:

When you a trade a player, or pick up a free agent, there is serious disparity in how the overall team ratings jump. Example Below.

This particular example was done at the main screen level and in Franchise, same results.

I chose the Texans, who have a 75 overall rating. I traded RB Moats- 69 OVR ALL (2nd stringer) for Chargers rookie RB G. Johnson- 65 OVR ALL (3rd stringer) . After I excuted this trade, I went to the play now screen and noticed that the Texans went from 75 to a whopping 83. The only change that I made was this previous described trade. So, I reloaded the roster, and traded RB Slaton- 87 OVR ALL (Starter) for, again, G. Jonhson. The Texans overall rating still went up from 75 to 83.

I tried the same thing in Franchise and got the same results. I tried multiple trades, with multiple positions/players and the results were always WEIRD when it came to the overall team rating.

Using the Cowboys, I picked up the lowest rated FA (who was like 34 overall) and it bumped the overall team rating by 5 points.

This is a problem to be because it doesn't provide an accurate depiction of your team as a whole, or possible opponents in Franchise, if they pic up FAs or make any trades.

Now, am I missing something here - or is this in fact broken. It doesn't really take a way too much for me, and is certainly not a game killer - but it's something that I noticed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Team Rating Issue after Trade

The default team ratings have always been made-up in Madden. The new ratings you are seeing are based on some automated overall assessment of all the starters on the team.

This has always been a very small yet nagging issue in Madden. Whatever formula they use to determine the new ratings should probably account for team depth more.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
Strategy

OVR: 36
Re: Team Rating Issue after Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
The default team ratings have always been made-up in Madden. The new ratings you are seeing are based on some automated overall assessment of all the starters on the team.

This has always been a very small yet nagging issue in Madden. Whatever formula they use to determine the new ratings should probably account for team depth more.

Yea, not a game killer at all. Just a nagging issue as you described it. Also, I know that it's nothing new, same thing happend last year.

But to downgrade a RB by 22 points, and still the overall Team Rating jumps up 8 points...that's just wrong!

Regardless, this is small and doesn't take away from the experience. I just had to through it out there to see if I was overlooking something.

thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »