Home

The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0)

This is a discussion on The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
ok, i just googled him , and this is what came up

lol!! I'm loving everytime I log in to OS to get some laughs!!...This is funny stuff!!

good find boooey!!..lol

peace!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #26
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
actually, bill posts here. ask him yourself...

http://www.operationsports.com/billharris44/

anyone who loves 2k5 as much as some of you all claim to do should know this guy. seriously. he's a legend in the 2k5 community.

edit: dude TOILED on his 2k5 sliders and house rules, but he's in the matrix? riiiiight...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...use-rules.html

so now the 2 most credible football reviewers in the country love m10, and you guys are saying what? that your youtube masters have some sort of credibility advantage? pssh, please!!
Yeah, but what does this have to do with the review?

It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't very insightful in terms of being a review.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #27
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63
I do want a balance of opinions, it's no better or worse than any others. I see the same things from the haters and Apex's minions, you're determined to try and snuff out any deserved praise on Madden 10. You either dismiss positive praise as fanboi talk or try to discredit the individual.
man, that argument is so old and played out now..
first it was .. don't just come in here and say EA sucks, madden sucks or you will be called a a troll, and be banned.

so, people started listing everything that they feel is wrong with the game, and even making video proof of it in some cases.

so then what?
now you guys call these same people negative and haters because they just can't get past the things that Madden still cannot get right.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #28
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Google the man and espn NFL 2k5. Just do it. "Bill Harris NFL 2k5"

Seriously, I could care less if someone eats, sleep and breathes Madden or NFL 2k as in the end, the only true measurement is MY OWN! I read this review and I don't agree with the all of the A and A+ for a majority of the areas critiqued. Why cause I googled myself and I found that my opinion feels that Madden still has plenty of room for improvement. The last thing I ever want to read is how Madden is a the Best of All Time the Hall of Fame award this and that.

Madden does some good things this year. NFL 2k5 did some things better. Other versions of Madden had better implementation of things such as defense which is not very good this year.

Why is it necessary to post reviews when in the end, the only opinion that matters is the one who plays the game. What I might like in a game, others may hate. What others like in a game, I might hate.

Here is my review: Buy Madden and have fun! It is not the best football game of all time but the bottom line is that I can over look the minor things and enjoy the game.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #29
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

Quote:

so now the 2 most credible football reviewers in the country love m10, and you guys are saying what? that your youtube masters have some sort of credibility advantage? pssh, please!!
At least you officially admitted you have an agenda now.

Do you even realize how many serious gameplay & franchise glitches/problems there are in this game?

It's kind of comical you're trying to convince everyone this game is perfect.

The game is very good and probably the best madden yet (if some good patches are released), but some major problems involving gameplay and stats are make starting a serious franchise mode almost impossible right now.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #30
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

i'll concede, red, that it wasn't some huge 5 page review going over every nook and cranny of the game (abner already took care of that), but it has been the case that people around here (especially the youtubers) are trying to hold their position by claiming that people who love the game either are too stupid to see the flaws or hyped/bought by EA. now, question the journalistic integrity of ign and teamxbox and others all you want, but these two guys (abner included) are the holy grail of football reviews. their opinions (should) matter more than just about anyone elses in the grand scheme of things. and now, both of them have put their stamp of approval on the game.

read my posts red, i've conceded that madden has tons of problems, like every game. user pass rushing, boundary awareness, run blocking ai, 3-4 defense all need serious work.

however, i think the game is awesome. i don't think it's perfect (in fact, i disagree with some of harris' grades), so stop right there.

i completely agree, rules, i said as much in version 1.0 of this thread, that 30 page shoutfest.

Last edited by mrprice33; 08-17-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
man, that argument is so old and played out now..
first it was .. don't just come in here and say EA sucks, madden sucks or you will be called a a troll, and be banned.

so, people started listing everything that they feel is wrong with the game, and even making video proof of it in some cases.

so then what?
now you guys call these same people negative and haters because they just can't get past the things that Madden still cannot get right.
Actually, that's not what I said at all, but thanks for playing we have a door prize for you on your way out... Reading comprehension much ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #32
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63
Actually, that's not what I said at all, but thanks for playing we have a door prize for you on your way out... Reading comprehension much ?
ok, big man wants to make it personal now with intelligence insults.. . sorry man, I am not getting into personal attacks here.. u can have fun with this tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »