Home

The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0)

This is a discussion on The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #49
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
oh i been doing this for two years with my guys about EA and football so i decided to bring online as well. alot of people dont like but im not insulting anyone. this is just one word i use(its my favorite trilogy BTW) to describe EA, football, and loyal followers

its all makes sense if u watch the movies
If you use the "term" on loyal followers, explain how it's not insulting?

First of all, Bill is one of the most respected sim reviewers on the net dating back over the past decade.

Also, it doesn't appear anyone read the whole impressions by Bill. They just glossed over what they could rip apart with all of the A's he gave out. Nobody chose to read the first few paragraphs where he mentioned he's ripped Madden every year except this year.

So, this year, he gives it good grades and people moan and complain because it didn't fit into their rating scale.

It's an opinion, folks.

Bill has come on here and explained his opinion just a few days ago and it appears he will need to come back over and explain it again based on some of the reactions.

If you feel it's a 7.5-8, that's fine. No one's opinion is fact.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
Was I the only one that thought the review was sarcasm?
If you haven't heard of the reviewer before, you can call it what you want.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #51
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Awesome post roadman.

As an aside, anyone who calls the matrix their favorite trilogy...well...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
So apex stole it from you then, or was it just divine inspiration on both your parts?
no he just said it, i only recall him saying it one of his videos. which i saw i actually laugh and clap cause i saw me and apex is on the same wavelength.

i dont know if he ever said it in OS and if he did, ah well im using it too. i mention everything in the movie from fields to agents to plugged in so....if apex said it first im sorry i should have joined before him
Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #53
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

I'm reminded of vanilla ice explaining how "ice ice baby" had a different bassline than "under pressure".
Old 08-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If you use the "term" on loyal followers, explain how it's not insulting?

First of all, Bill is one of the most respected sim reviewers on the net dating back over the past decade.

Also, it doesn't appear anyone read the whole impressions by Bill. They just glossed over what they could rip apart with all of the A's he gave out. Nobody chose to read the first few paragraphs where he mentioned he's ripped Madden every year except this year.

So, this year, he gives it good grades and people moan and complain because it didn't fit into their rating scale.

It's an opinion, folks.

Bill has come on here and explained his opinion just a few days ago and it appears he will need to come back over and explain it again based on some of the reactions.

If you feel it's a 7.5-8, that's fine. No one's opinion is fact.
you love to use that line dont know?

im not knocking anyone that likes the game, you u like all this morphing, ghosting, and poor logic of the sport then hey enjoy but once i see that you praising the negatives in the game(pass rush) with A+ then i question that and wonders if he plug in or not.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 21

Well, knowing Bill....his post on Friday was a big deal to me. I have eagerly awaited his slider set, sadly I feel like (based on his credibility and statements) he could save this game. Ultimately that doesn't speak as highly of Bill, as it speaks poorly of EA.

That said, after playing what I played and seeing what I have seen, Im not sure sliders can fix broken fundamental football gameplay issues. If they could have, why didnt / couldn't they in M09? Being that its the same game engine, a "savior slider set" - if you will - should be universal in its application.

After seeing his review filled with "A+" at times almost tripping over himself to say how great the game was, yet not posting his sliders to preface the review...has me concerned.

I trust Bill to not take the Madden faithful approach of "sometimes you have to suspend belief on blocking plays when players miss assignments". Its a video game, I shouldn't have to turn a blind eye to gameplay issues or "suspend belief" sitting on my sofa. Punt and kick returners can shed defensive tackles with no problem and 60+ yard TD runs only happen after a broken 4 man gang tackle.

I don't care if some of you know him or don't. He posts a slider set that fixes this game, and you all should thank the guy and remember his name.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-17-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #56
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Excellent post moody. I'm glad you recognize bills cred.

Have you had a chance to play m10 any further?

edit after the edit: goofy things happen in every game. somethings, though, are a tradeoff of control vs. realism. if you give the user control over certain things, you might see some strange stuff. would you rather the user didn't have control?

Last edited by mrprice33; 08-17-2009 at 05:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »