Home

Injuries way to frequent and annoying

This is a discussion on Injuries way to frequent and annoying within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 06:02 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Injuries way to frequent and annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBxLakers24
No non big name players with previous injury history get injuried.
You know...just because you're not seeing it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. In my Bills' franchise, I've lost a few players who I wouldn't consider to be "big name" to injuries in games I actually played, not simmed.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:16 AM   #10
Banned

BLBxLakers24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
You know...just because you're not seeing it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. In my Bills' franchise, I've lost a few players who I wouldn't consider to be "big name" to injuries in games I actually played, not simmed.
Well you know just because I have played enough games by now where it should have happend. So there for its doesnt happen.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:18 AM   #11
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

The problem isn't injuries being too frequent, it's there not being enough injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 06:25 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

i have reggie bush out for the season atm. ANd had lawyer milloy out for 8 weeks at the start.

Injuries are good the way they are. And with the slider, there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:27 AM   #13
Banned

BLBxLakers24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
The problem isn't injuries being too frequent, it's there not being enough injuries.
Omg once again there is a problem with big name players being injuried to much every game. And not enough injuries as a whole. How many times to I have to say that? Let me see I think were working on 5 times.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:48 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Omg once again there is a problem with big name players being injuried to much every game. And not enough injuries as a whole. How many times to I have to say that? Let me see I think were working on 5 times.
So let me get this straight. You're complaining that there aren't enough injuries...and if you increase the injury slider, then the wrong players get injured? Wow...talk about picky!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
So let me get this straight. You're complaining that there aren't enough injuries...and if you increase the injury slider, then the wrong players get injured? Wow...talk about picky!
I get what he is saying. I haven't really noticed it yet but his issue seems to be that players (typically well known players) who have had prior injury issues get hurt more often then some of the scrub players who do not have prior injury history. I think he is looking for more randomness with the injuries as opposed to losing the same stars over and over again. His point is valid considering the trend he has witnessed.

I have not noticed this yet but I am going to look at the injury ratings of players to see if i notice a trend. However, I have yet to even touch the injury sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #16
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
This has always annoyed me. But this year it seems even worse. I have never been able to play with the Eagles because of the injuries. No matter what Madden loves to translate big hit into injury. As soon as McNabb and Westbrook get cracked there injuried. Which really if you ever seen one of them get injuried its never been because they got cracked, always something small that turned big. So I was playing Madden vs my friend I always want to come out and use the Eagles just to see how I play with them, and what do you know they both get hurt.

Then Later playing against the Ravens using the Pats. Vs my friend. I was thinking like yeah Brady got injuried last year but as long as I keep him from getting hit he'll be fine. What do you know first time he is hit in the pocket he is DONE!

Fix the injury rating it is really annoying. At least make it where you can see there injury actually happen on the replay. If they say the player sprain there ankle I wanna there ankle twist! If they say a player tore there knee I wanna see there knee get tore up.
My only question is what is wrong with the code.
I don't mind the injuries because in real football every coach goes through the same problem and they make adjustments.
The game is reflecting real football, I myself want the challange of adjusting my playcalling because someone is missing. The only problem I have is not enough offensive and defensive linemen are injured. What fun is it to run franchise mode and win the superbowl every year man the game would be boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »