Home

Are some guys even touching sliders?

This is a discussion on Are some guys even touching sliders? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Are some guys even touching sliders?

First off I'm a 2k5 guy. Madden is pretty good. The stat bugs in the game are no different than some of the off the wall bad stats in 2k5 had and a patch will fix this. I feel some guys are just completing without touching sliders. Yes some things annoy me, but the more my sliders get worked on the more this game is becoming playable. No deep ball- I've thrown a few and CPU had gotten some off (not enough though). No running game- 3 very good backs got 100 yards on me and nothing was scripted. Can't get sacks- some of you might wanna go back to Techmo Bowl. I'm averaging 3 or 4 sacks a game with the Vikings and other guys are getting sacks. My point is this a good game and with a patch it's great. You really need to adjust all sliders to your liking for this game to play well. If you don't attempt to fix that, then why complain on here 24/7? You know the flaws, now go enjoy a pretty good game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Are some guys even touching sliders?

while i agree mostly...RB's in the flats and on screens are open ALL THE TIME.

If a rb runs into the flats from singleback or shotgun, they are left WIDE open 9/10. That is a HUGE gameplay problem and potential gamekiller.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
Banned

It is a problem and needs to be fixed. I only throw it 3 or 4 times a game to save the cheat. The major problem is when you play vs another person.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

You're talking about sliders like they're PC mods or something. If there were...

"Do you want your tight ends and running backs open on every pass play? Yes or No."

"Do you want quarterbacks gift wrapping interceptions to the defensive line rather than taking the five yard loss? Yes or No."

...Options, believe me, I'd pick no.

I'm digging the game. It really brings me back leaving the game on default and throwing for seven touchdowns in a half. We'll see how long that fun lasts though. I can only have my intelligence insulted for so long. Look, I've tried with the sliders. It just gets even more frustrating because the core fundamentals don't have those quick fixes we're looking for.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
Pro

EticketJedi's Arena

OVR: 1

I've been tweaking them a little bit. I went from Pro to All-Pro for the trophies so I'm still getting used to it. I figured I'd need to adjust something when Beanie Wells broke 6 tackles and ran 80 yards for a TD in my first franchise game. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
Banned

We have wait for the patch for some of that to be solved. I trade NCAA in within a week and I got Madden a week and a half early and traded in last years after 3 days, so again coming from a 2k5 guy. It's a 6.5 now.. 8 or 9 if patched the right way.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm not really having issues. I've tossed the ball to Moreno in the flat plenty, and I've often had either a CB or LB waiting to contend him. Sometimes he's free, when they blitz, but I've often had to make a juke to get free.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

OVR: 6

I've had no problems adjusting sliders to get a realistic game of football going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »