Home

Any fix for Auto Sub mess?

This is a discussion on Any fix for Auto Sub mess? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Any fix for Auto Sub mess?

Hey all,

Loving Madden so far, but in my first franchise game (full game, I played all four preseason games and never saw this for an obvious reason) I have Devin Hester and Matt Forte both uninjured but unavailable to play in the mid-3rd quarter because of the same auto sub crap that NCAA has.

How does this get into both games? I have my auto subs pretty high –*about 85 out, 93 in for most positions*–*because, like real life, I want players swapping in and out a lot. I've seen some promising things, including DL being swapped during long drives and WRs coming out after a few long routes, but having my two best playmakers disappear because of what is apparently the same problem NCAA has isn't cool.

Any fixes for this? Am I stuck just resetting auto subs and manually subbing in and out? That's a horrible, crappy solution, but I assume it's the only one.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Any fix for Auto Sub mess?

For the record, I searched the words "Auto sub" and somehow it managed to come back with zero responses, so I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

OVR: 11

I think keeping your "sub in" at 85 or below fixes this issue.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTiger
I think keeping your "sub in" at 85 or below fixes this issue.
Really? I think my WRs and HBs are at 88.

I just played the entire 4th quarter with my #4 and 5 WRs, Davis and Knox, and about halfway through Davis disappeared so my five-wide was two TEs, two backup HBs and my fifth WR.

Terrible.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
Rookie

... and I lost the game in OT because I had my special teams playing offense and my entire DL was subbed out.

Wow.

And I KNOW this isn't intentional "progressive fatigue." The NCAA developers said it was a bug, and not intended.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #6
Rookie

tackleb0x's Arena

OVR: 1

Starters are taken out at the half in preseason games. Its been like that for years. The only reason you see starters in the second half here and there is because the 2nd string is fatigued.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleb0x
Starters are taken out at the half in preseason games. Its been like that for years. The only reason you see starters in the second half here and there is because the 2nd string is fatigued.
LOL, so how many years since you played madden?
Anyways, what ^^^ said is right, starters only pretty much play first halves in pre-season games barring any fatigue and injuries the the 2nd and 3rd strings.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Brian Westbrook just completely disappeared on me right then. He had 5 carries total on the game and even when I went to call a play "by player" and chose Westbrook, they would run with McCoy or the 3rd stringer..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »