Home

I can't get into Madden anymore

This is a discussion on I can't get into Madden anymore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 02:47 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: I can't get into Madden anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
I'm glad somebody finally called out the big pink elephant sitting square in the middle of the room. I honestly have come to the realization that EA simply doesn't know Football and maybe they never will. Did Ian and the boys work hard? Yes, and I don't doubt that for one minute, but it simply didn't translate to anything even somewhat resembling a simulation football game. Things that were PROMISED to be fixed seemed like they weren't even looked at (see CBs still running with their backs turned to the LOS, and then magically turning around at the last minute to swat the ball down (and yes this happens ALOT, it's not just a random thing).

I mean I have a list of issues and I haven't even played the game a ton, the warping on catches is still in the game, what about the good old jump to swat the ball down and then the CB magically (and magnetically) turning in mid air to tackle the receiver also? I mean come on, that defies every law of physics and the animation looks flat out stupid. How come no one at EA noticed that or called that out? What about the fact that when the refs measure for a first down, it uses one view if it's a first down and different one if it isn't? Kinda ruins the whole point of the suspense. Again how can no one notice that?

No, the measuring for a first down thing isn't a gamekiller, but it just speaks to the overall lack of polish this game still exhibits on next-gen. I'm not saying the game is complete trash (the graphics are nice and I like the big difference in player ratings), but this game is nowhere near where it needs to be and I don't see it getting there anytime soon.
I debated on whether or not to even hit submit on the last sentence i wrote. I think i should write my first blog about it. Like everyone says, i know Ian and Phil are working hard, but... ya know, i think i am going to write a blog.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #74
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I debated on whether or not to even hit submit on the last sentence i wrote. I think i should write my first blog about it. Like everyone says, i know Ian and Phil are working hard, but... ya know, i think i am going to write a blog.
I know man, it's a shame how much people get crucified around here for simply not liking the game (same reason why I keep my NCAA comments in my blog now). It's funny how everyone comes out and says it's the "same old people who criticize the game every year", well I see the "same old people" come in here every year and talk about how they enjoy the game and that all of the people who don't are expecting too much out of the game and simply looking for every flaw.

I personally don't understand how something like respecting the laws of physics is asking too much out of the game, and I really don't see how a 2 year old game ported from a 6 year old game still plays better football than Madden, it simply boggles my mind. If people can enjoy the game for what it is, then that's fine, but EA is touting simulation football and they fall well short of delivering that, and have been for the past five years.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 08-18-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #75
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

ya know it's funny i see all this negative comments on this board, and i don't care who comes out and says whatever, after this post is made, but you guys should be lucky you even have a football title.

im speaking for the PC community! were still playing 08 Madden! and would love to have this game on our pc's that crap is out the window now about it cant run on pc's everyone knows better.

all this negative comments really are foolish, those people should be thankful that not only do y'all have a current next gen game in full and not just a roster upgrade.

no game is perfect and to be totaly honest i think alot of gamer's are spolied noadays, i still play snes, ps1, mame, and n64 on my pc with emulators, and i also have a lot of today's games that's on consoles, but i prefer to play them on my pc, bottom line, get that milk from behind y'all ears (those that are shooting neg comments) it's a game, play it as such, that's the prob, y'all are getting reality mixed up with a game because of graphics, yes we all see the potential of games becoming closely more to reality, but that's a long way down the road.

so play it as such a game! for those that have the game and our enjoying the game good luck in Ur seasons/online games etc, we still enjoy are roster updates for madden 08/10 and until the game comes to pc, it will still be that way!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #76
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsubenvis
I'd be fine w/ the game if pursuit angles made any sense.
The pursuit angles are perfect, tension is building from the excitement because of the foot race to the endzone, you're wondering will the last defender do a TD saving tackle, then at the last minute, he "files in" right behind the ball carrier, who scores the TD. Horrible!!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #77
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
The passing and the camera angel is what turning me off. No good football game this year again.
Funny, I felt the camera and the passing were the most improved. Passes travel at more realistic speeds, this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »