Home

EA really dropped the ball on online franchise.

This is a discussion on EA really dropped the ball on online franchise. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
EA really dropped the ball on online franchise.

Because EA who said they were giving us all the power (see vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07KX3QAhkak), but gave Commissioners NO POWER what so ever other than dropping players.

No access to approve Trades, No access to approve Free Agent signing. It doesn't matter what rules you set, it takes one person to screw it up.

We have rules in place, but one person goes AND SIGNS EVERY TOP FREE AGENT without any hassle, and drop half their roster.

What sucks is the Transaction history only goes back so far, so you can't even use that to fix everything.

Seriously how can you say you gave the commissioners total control, and you can't do jacksh*t.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EA really dropped the ball on online franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhead262
Because EA who said they were giving us all the power (see vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07KX3QAhkak), but gave Commissioners NO POWER what so ever other than dropping players.

No access to approve Trades, No access to approve Free Agent signing. It doesn't matter what rules you set, it takes one person to screw it up.

We have rules in place, but one person goes AND SIGNS EVERY TOP FREE AGENT without any hassle, and drop half their roster.

What sucks is the Transaction history only goes back so far, so you can't even use that to fix everything.

Seriously how can you say you gave the commissioners total control, and you can't do jacksh*t.
I'm pretty upset myself..but luckily the franchise i'm running is pretty much a grown man's league and it's basically the same group of guys playing together from NBA 2K9. So we'll have a honor system in place. Anyone who breaks it knows they risk losing membership into a top quality league.

I feel you're pain and I agree with your posts even though you're a dirty eagles fan (I'm a Cowboys Fan). But yeah it hurts, because I've been wanting this features for years, and I could've overlooked the salary and the sliders for a while even thought they are sorely needed. But the Commissioner control is hurting a lot of franchises already. Just hearing the stories from my friends is disheartening from imagining what could have been.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

The Biggest thing they dropped the ball on is not allowing Commishs to throw out game results like in NCAA....A guy doesn't follow the rules wins a game, and my hands are tied....
Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

That video was done before the "Bean Counters" decided that it's best to wait till the next Madden version to add those features.

You know the drill, EA want's you back next year for Madden 11. And the new hype will begin with Online Franchise 2.0, now with Total Commissioners Control and whatever they left out this year.

peace
Old 08-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #5
Banned

In the same video they say that this is not a yearly thing. So there is no excuse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

I co-sign this thread. 5 days after release and I can't even get on Online Franchise....
Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
In the same video they say that this is not a yearly thing. So there is no excuse.

Oh, I must have missed that..sorry. Well, I hope you guys get it then in a patch this year. There is still hope, you guys that love Online Franchise deserve it and shouldn't be left out, it must be fun playing with all you're friends!

peace
Old 08-17-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Although I definitely agree that we were given a very barebones "league", there's no way that they would take out OF after years of calling for it. I'm pretty disappointed with how its turned out, but its the best we have with no other options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »