Home

Madden Beta Testing

This is a discussion on Madden Beta Testing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Madden Beta Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace
Not illogical at all. You fail to explain why a yearly release would be an impediment. Are you saying that Madden can never improve because it has an annual release date?
What time frame do you think they can distribute the game and get feedback and then ahve time to fix it.

They would need to be sending out copies in May. And what kind of game would they be able to give out then?

It would be far too deep into the cycle if they were to release it in June.
They go gold in early July.

How long are you willing to give these beta testers? A day?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

But I ask what would be so different than those chosen from community day?

The had a few guys in that bunch that were very intelligent about the game of football.

I truly think that now matter who they have or what they do , as long as they use this engine. Madden will always fail to make a solid football game.

EA made the attempt to invite some guys from here that knew their stuff, and still failed in making a solid football game.

I Know my stuff when it comes to the game of football, and I'm convinced even if I was invited to make that trip on community day it would have not made any difference.

No one in here can make a difference, and it's not because of the lack of intelligence , but the engines they use to make Madden football. That engine was introduced in 06 and 5 yrs later cant produce a solid game of football.

The animations and A.I for some reason dont work well together with the engines they use to make Madden. This is the same engine that took 5 years to give different camera angles.
This engine you code one thing , and it creates bugs in another area. It really is garbage.

I dont blame the EA team, but I do blame the person in charge of deciding what engine to use. Who ever that person is. He must let it go, and give the team the proper tools.

Honestly if their was no NFL license Madden would be that franchise that everyone would say" Remember when Madden was the sh!@, damn what happened?"
They are so lucky to have received that license, so lucky.

You want a solid Madden title, go play the PS2 version of Madden 10, or tell EA to simply junk this current next gen engine that they are using. Go back to the last gen engine, and find another reliable engine.

I can guarantee you this. EA go buy the BackBreaker engine Euphoria and I can wage any bet in the WORLD, that Madden fans and non Madden fans will erupt in all of the FORUMS on how UNBELIEVABLE the game is. This is the best advice you can take.

It really is time for them to admit the truth, and bring back last gen Madden on the 360 and PS3.

Other than that we will get this year after year after year.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 08-18-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:19 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
What time frame do you think they can distribute the game and get feedback and then ahve time to fix it.

They would need to be sending out copies in May. And what kind of game would they be able to give out then?

It would be far too deep into the cycle if they were to release it in June.
They go gold in early July.

How long are you willing to give these beta testers? A day?
It took me and many others in the community just a weekend to identify the problems in the game. I would suggest one to two weeks in winter. However I think one weekend would be enough.

Moreover to make the copy less desirable for pirating the beta version can have several features missing ...such as player names and team logos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 01:26 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

I solved it. We are beta testing it right now. They are going to use $$. From the franchise/elite DLC download to buy an extra patch...let's start a patch fundraiser!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:27 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 11

Community day is a marketing festival. They bring in community people, dazzle them with features, then the community folks run out and post about how great Madden will be this year. If they point out flaws or write something negative, they aren't invited next year.

It's another marketing tool, and the payment is the invitation.

If they were serious they would invite people in for a weekend and let them play free form for the weekend.

It's not that they missed this stuff. It's that they decided not to spend time on it.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:35 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
It really is time for them to admit the truth, and bring back last gen Madden on the 360 and PS3.
We've basically had it confirmed that the last-gen engine can't be implemented with the next-gen games, which pretty much sealed the deal for me.

As long as this current engine is of use, I won't be buying Madden. I'm perfectly happy with my 05 and 09 last-gen copies.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:35 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsubenvis
I solved it. We are beta testing it right now. They are going to use $$. From the franchise/elite DLC download to buy an extra patch...let's start a patch fundraiser!
Sadly, I have a feeling that you are right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 01:41 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3

Thank God for gamefly,in less than a hour of gameplay all these bugs can be found

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »