Home

Am I the only one LOVING this game

This is a discussion on Am I the only one LOVING this game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Am I the only one LOVING this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Here's the thing: Is the game perfect? No. BUT. This is a game that when you play it, for the first time in a long time, you feel like EA truly put effort into it. It shows in the gameplay and presentation. There are a lot of great improvements to the gameplay, the protak system is one of the best things ever implemented in a football, if not the best.

Lets just hope they continue the trend and realllllllllllly work on the game each year, instead of just halfassing it like they did for so many years before this.

I've had a freaking blast with the game so far, it doesn't feel like I'm playing last year's game at all.
Wish I could still agree.

Just a few observations: bad blocking logic, Robo QB, bad branching animations, simultaneous reactions, lots of major bugs and glitches-these things were all in Madden 09.

These things ARE all in Madden 10.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think this is the best Madden yet.The problem you have is most people want change but in reality they want the same old bla,bla,bla.They don't like the learning curve on the changes.I read the complaints and I think they fall into four categories.
1.People that really don't want change but think or say they do.
2.People that just like to create a stir on the site.
3.People that really don't understand football.
4.people that expect to win every game they play.
For those of you that fall in the above four my best option for you is one of the following.Buy the dam company anfd make your own game they way you want it.Or get a job at EA and become the lead developer.Or create your own game and start your own company and sell it.
OTHERWISE SHUT UP STRAP ON YOUR HELMET AND ENJOY SOME FOOTBALL>
OUT
Old 08-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 13

I was enjoying Madden 10 for the first week I had it, but every single time I play it, it gives me a reason not to like it.

Sadly, those reasons have piled up and I may have to wait for the patch and HOPE that some of the issues are fixed. If they fix the pass rush issues, pursuit angles, covering the flats and some of the franchise stats, I could live with its other shortcomings until 2011.

Until then, I will probably be playing a modded Madden 2008 for the PC.

Madden 2010 is fun and they did seem to put alot of effort into it, but some of the oversights in the game are flat out inexcusable. Not sure how people continue to give them a pass on this considering it happens every single year, and alot of the issues in 2006 are still issues in 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbman
I think this is the best Madden yet.The problem you have is most people want change but in reality they want the same old bla,bla,bla.They don't like the learning curve on the changes.I read the complaints and I think they fall into four categories.
1.People that really don't want change but think or say they do.
2.People that just like to create a stir on the site.
3.People that really don't understand football.
4.people that expect to win every game they play.
For those of you that fall in the above four my best option for you is one of the following.Buy the dam company anfd make your own game they way you want it.Or get a job at EA and become the lead developer.Or create your own game and start your own company and sell it.
OTHERWISE SHUT UP STRAP ON YOUR HELMET AND ENJOY SOME FOOTBALL>
OUT

This is complete BS.

Its getting old seeing posts like this.

Actually, Id say people that dont understand football are the ones finding it easier to enjoy this game. People that know football fairly well have a hard time getting past awful pursuit angles, defenses not covering the flats, awful AI logic in many situations...the list goes on and on.

The game is somewhat enjoyable for what it is, but that is moronic to say that people who dont understand football wont enjoy that game.

I dont fall into a single on of those categories. I fall into the category that wants to play a realistic football sim, and if there are shortcomings, they can be overlooked because of how well most of the other things are done.

If you think Madden 2010 is a realistic representation of the NFL, YOU are the one that doesnt understand football. Not saying it cant be fun at all, but there are SO many issues that hold it back from being realistic.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #37
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

It's funny how negetive people are on here. Most everyone I know that has played the game sees this as a comeplete 180 for the series. Instead of bashing EA I feel like thanking everyone on OS for working to improve the game.

I see some things that I hope get fixed ASAP but I'm still having a blast. I will be playing M10 all year long and I haven't been able to say that since the PS2. The way the games play out is almost exactly how it really happens and that is epic.

In my vikings franchise, APis awesome but he fumbles a lot, our QB's stink, our run defense is solid, and we end up with a lot of field goals. Just like Childress, I have Sage on a short leash. This sense of realism is something I've never seen before.

I have been playing football games since I fell in love with 10 Yard Fight and I can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a football game.

For what it's worth, thank you OS members for helping make this game because I'm losing sleep over it. I was up till 3:00 and I woke up with my kids at 6:30 and I couldnt be happier about it.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I was enjoying Madden 10 for the first week I had it, but every single time I play it, it gives me a reason not to like it.

Sadly, those reasons have piled up and I may have to wait for the patch and HOPE that some of the issues are fixed. If they fix the pass rush issues, pursuit angles, covering the flats and some of the franchise stats, I could live with its other shortcomings until 2011.

Until then, I will probably be playing a modded Madden 2008 for the PC.

Madden 2010 is fun and they did seem to put alot of effort into it, but some of the oversights in the game are flat out inexcusable. Not sure how people continue to give them a pass on this considering it happens every single year, and alot of the issues in 2006 are still issues in 2010.
That's where the disconnect is I believe, I don't see it as giving them a pass for admitting people like the game and are having fun. We have multiple threads with issues and bugs that need attention.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

Look...I guess people who like the game don't like to hear its messed up in some areas. I overlook most of them...but A LOT of the bugs/glitches happen every game (I.e. Cpu quick kicking on fg's/extra points, all the stat issues w/ franchise, shifting ur defense to better align w/ their man in the 3-4 doesn't work, injury system is out of whack..etc). That's why people are all over this board po'd. And..the sliders, great addition yes. Did I plan on spending 20 games adjusting them? No.I think most people would chillax if EA would at least release a statement letting us know they have seen the issues now that we have tested the game for them and they are going to use the $ from the sweet franchise DLC to buy an extra precious patch. if that's whining so be it...I think these problems PLUS the gameplay issues are reason enough to cry/whine/be negative. I've been on here for maybe 2 years and I've never seen sooooo many problems in a game...never. And this game is by far the most advertised game in the United States.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

This game is great. First time i completed a full season in franchises mode since 06. Im battling my way towards the superbowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »