Home

Pat White's throw accuracy should not be higher than any starting QB's

This is a discussion on Pat White's throw accuracy should not be higher than any starting QB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 AM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Pat White's throw accuracy should not be higher than any starting QB's

Pat White's accuracy should be low. Should it be lower than Russell's? Probably imo. He's had a fairly poor training camp although they are tweaking his throwing motion. The funny thing is that he actually throws a nice deep ball despite not throwing it deep often in college.

Currently Pat's head is swimming right now with the Dolphins. He can't run the conventional offense very well right now as it's a huge transition that he has struggled with mightily in training camp. This shouldn't be unexpected based on how different this offense is from college. But his accuracy and overall performance in training camp has been poor so far. I hope he shows some nice improvement over the next couple weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striefer
I still can't get over this BS. Why IS Jamarcus' accuracy so fricken low. EA really has something against Oakland
hahahaha. yeah. it's ea's fault oakland sucks

jamarcus hasn't proven anything yet, but either has pat white. i agree that pat white shouldn't have his accuracy that high. but in ea's defense, it's hard to tell until the season actually starts.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
I have watched almost every game Pat White has played in college and seen him play live 2 times.

Yes there are times he was spectacular, but when playing a team that had very good corners, he was not very good.

Against Cincy he was only 52.6% completions and had a YPA of 5.7. He was sacked 4 times in that game.

Pitt saw how Cincy played White and held him to 53.6% and only 5.1 YPA. He threw two INTs and no TDs.

The point is, in those games they forced Pat White to be a passer and took away his ability to run. Both teams held him to under 100 yards on the ground with Cincy just dominating him on the ground keeping him to 2.1 yards per carry.

They said to Pat White, we don't think you can beat us with your arm and he couldn't. He was frustrated and exposed. It was exactly what I saw happen to Vick in Atlanta.
Using single game statistics, especially YPA and completion percentage is useless. Also, sacks are considered rushing plays in college, so again, in single games if a team manages to get a couple sacks, yards/carry is going to be very low (if not negative).

If you actually watched the Cincinatti game, (I was there), you wouldn't have used that as trying to prove that he wasn't a great passer. In that game, against great CBs (and a great defense in general), WVU had no running game. When you have no running game (and are losing, and it's about 15 degrees below freezing), passing is very hard, and Pat White did a great job.

In fact, his performance at the end of that game is probably his most memorable to me.

WVU was down 20-9 with 1:11 in the 4th quarter after the Cincy punter took a safety to not risk a block in the endzone. Pat White led the team 61 yards to score and ran in a 2 point conversion with 18 seconds left after only managing a single TD in the first 59 minutes.

WVU recovered the onside kick, and Pat White completed a very clutch pass for 20 yards or so and hurried to the line and spiked the ball to allow for a 52 yard FG to force overtime in a game that everyone thought was over.

People who had left were trying to get back into the stadium and the people who never left (including me) were going crazy after that kick. Unfortunately we called 5 straight runs in OT and had to settle for a FG and our D gave up a TD and we lost the game and a chance at the Big East title.

Pat's numbers were actually pretty solid in that game. 20-38 219 yards, 2 TDs and a pick. His comp % was low due to drops and a couple spiked passes to save time.

Against Pitt, Pat threw 2 boneheaded INTs including one toward the end that lost us the game... but he still almost led another last second comeback that came up short due to a receiver stupidly not getting out of bounds with like 10 seconds left.

Pitt manhandled WVU in that game, offensively and defensively, and despite Pat costing the team with his 2 INTs, the team would have never been in the game at all without him...

He was the greatest Mountaineer of all time, no question. Great runner, great QB, and great leader. He never got the respect he deserved as a passer. I don't know how things will go in the NFL, but I really hope things work out for him.

Last edited by steelers1; 08-18-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think many rookies on Madden's default roster were rated far too high. I looked at a lot of those rankings and it seemed as though they stretched the ratings for veterans but not rookies. In the initial rosters, the Dolphins two rookie CBs are rated 77 and 75. New England's rookie CBs are rated really high too.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-18-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
Raider fans by far complain more than anyone else on this forum, to the point it's almost nauseating.
Get a life and go talk where someone actually wants to hear your opinion.

I tried to bring up an argument similar to this before the game launched, all I ended up with was an infraction. JaMarcus is not accurate by any means, but Pat White with accuracy in the 70s? Get real.

Oakland Raiders - 2009 (0-0) Franchise (0-0)

Looking for a solid PS3 Madden league, click Below!!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ll-league.html
Old 08-18-2009, 09:12 AM   #30
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

If anyone trash talks his stats in his 1st preseason game...all that means is they did not watch it. 4 dropped balls which one of them hit the receiver and popped up for the INT...he SHOULD HAVE been 6-7 for about 60 yards if the receivers could catch...plus a couple nice scrambles
Old 08-18-2009, 09:12 AM   #31
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Didn't Colt Brennan or Drew Stanton (think it was Brennan) throw the most touchdowns in college football a couple of years ago?

If so, his rating is almost too low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #32
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidandjordan
Pat White should DEFINITELY not be rated higher than Jamarcus Russell
Pat white is a more accurate thrower than Russell. This comment makes me wonder if you have ever watched the two of them play. Russell has a tendency to throw high and behind his receivers and does it often. White throws high occasionally but usually hits his targets in the chest, even when throwing on the run. So, yes his accuracy should be rated higher.

ps. I have seen a lot of the two them being a WVU and Raider fan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »