Home

All-Madden Difficulty

This is a discussion on All-Madden Difficulty within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 03:34 AM   #9
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: All-Madden Difficulty

In all-madden, playing as the chargers I can't run the ball with LT it's ridiculous! I ave 0.8 yds per carry! Passing is easy though... so I don't know what difficulty to play...
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
I honestly still think all madden is far too easy. I have to crank every rating up to about 18 to get a challenging game.
Are you joking? I don't know how it couldn't be challenging unless you're pulling some hard cheese haha. In past Maddens I always played on All-Madden and won every game, but this All-Madden difficulty is ridiculous.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsubenvis
Somebody is just going to tell us to play on a lower level, adjust the speed, adjust your sliders..in this thread; all of which I've done. Still haven't found a" perfect" match between all these factors to make it play like a sunday or even Madden 08...
I am looking forward to hearing what they can/will fix w/ patches. Sure its a fun game for what it is; a game. But some of this stuff is really hard to get used to.
OP. I used to (beginning of Madden up to 09, which I sold after the 2nd patch) play all Maddens on the All-Madden level w/ minimal penalty adjutments and a couple of small slider adjustments. To make 09 playable (as playable as a $60 next gen-21 year old game,a well advertised/covered and blogged about game)and somewhat closer to what I want I've spent 5-15 min games (played about 20 before I decided to give this a try) starting on All-Madden adjusting my sliders. Some stuff has been improved by this process including the pass rush and powering down robo qb's. I just wish it was as good out of the box and pre-patched ala 2007 (madden 08) or even as good as advertised. I mean...franchise is a mess, the quick hike cpu fg's/extra points, stats are all over the place completly killing realism...yep, sorry for the rant. I'm just a jerk. For the record...I'm sure I will buy this game next year because I like spending $.
I would also chip in on some patches if EA needs $ so bad, that has to be why they have the DLC stuff right? So they can afford to fix a little more of my already purchased game?
I totally agree with you, the only challenging game I've played was on All-Madden. And that was extremely unrealistic. CPU 9/10 passing, user 1 yards per carry with the Redskins, etc. I tried my own sliders which are too easy but get good stats, and I've tried a few sliders on here, but I'm still searching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I play on All-Madden default and have no issues here. I'm the Raiders, so I expect to be on the wrong end of the stick more times than not in the first season, but I'm able to move the ball, usually make the cpu put together long substained drives to score, and basically play a "realistic" game/style of football.

I lose because my talent doesn't stack up to that of whom I'm playing. I did beat the Seahawks in my final pre-season game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #13

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I feel like I am cheating the CPU unless I am playing it at it's highest level. I've been getting blown out in my Bengals franchise, in the preseason I went 0-4 and I just lost my regular season opener to the Broncos 45-0. I'm still plugging along because I know eventually I figure it out as I always have in the past.

Something I really like about All-Madden is that it forces you to play real football, it forces you to really attempt to field the best team you possibly could, and it forces you to use all of the on-field, game-planning features Madden has to offer, especially on defense.

I know when I finally do figure out All-Madden, it will be pretty gratifying.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 16

I laugh at those that claim all madden is unrealistic because your skill level is on pro or all pro level.

All Madden with some slider adjustments is by far the most realistic and best challenge.

If you can throw for 400 yards on all madden then you are using money plays and your play style belongs on line in quick match

if you can't run on all madden then you need to stop using sprint and use the blockers and you will improve

the sliders make all madden fantastic
Old 08-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #15
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I've made a desicion that I'm going to roll with All-Madden for awhile. I've tried all sorts of slider's but, I can't really find that perfect set (yet). Although, I have been getting some good games but, I just don't lose as much as I think I should.

In my Bills Franchise I finished the 1st season 12-4 but, two of those sim losses late in the season. I sometimes sim games against losing teams late in the season especially once I've clinched a playoff spot.

During the off season I didn't really make a splash in the FA market. I mainly picked up role players and backups. Roman Harper, Larry Foote and John Stinchcomb are the only players I signed.

I didn't do that well in the draft either. I targeted DT Terrance Cody with the 29th pick. I figured Cody and Stroud in the middle would solidify our defensive line. Especially, with Schobel and Maybin on the outside. There was still 3 DT's ahead of Cody so, I decided to trade down to the 5th pick in the 2nd round and picked up the 5th pick in the 3rd round, as well.

To make a long story short Cody was lower than expected (69 overall). And my draft ended up being a bust. I had the worst draft of all the teams and got a grade of F.

Anyways, now I'm 6 games into the 2nd season and I'm 6-0. Hopefully, moving to All Madden will help. Although some of my slider's are more difficult than that. We'll see though.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #16
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

You have to remember that All-Madden wasn't designed to be realistic.

Just more difficult.

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »