Home

Nano Achievement! I love it! Thanks Devs

This is a discussion on Nano Achievement! I love it! Thanks Devs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 02:19 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Nano Achievement! I love it! Thanks Devs

How do they go about doing this, exactly?

Note: not asking because I want to use it, I don't even own Madden 10.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:26 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
How do they go about doing this, exactly?

Note: not asking because I want to use it, I don't even own Madden 10.
Well, it starts with bad blocking a.i. first and foremost.

But the physical setup on defense lies in the ability to "re-blitz" defenders straight down.

Example:you may have a defensive play where certain blitzers are running at angles, but if you use a defensive hot route to make them blitz again, theyre blitz angle will change to a perfectly straight line. You can DESTROY the offensive line with this, way easier than you could in 09.

Like I said, someone right now has the ability to make you block 4 blitzers with 6 guys all game. Fight for every yard indeed. What a joke.

Last edited by deloz; 08-18-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:28 AM   #11
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

I played the Bucs(cpu) vs the Cowboys(me) and got 8 sacks! It was a premature online franchise game and we had to start over so it didn't count. But wow! I know the Bucs suck this year but man 8! So anyway I played the G-Men next offline(cpu) and couldn't touch Eli. I haven't seen any nano achievements. I usually get 1-2 sacks a game.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

I've played about 25 full games and have only achieved the nano twice.

It really just involved pre snap movement that confuses the olinemen, or overloading the A gap.

Unless you time out the snap, you can't do this consistently whatsover. Its not unsim, or cheese.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:48 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I've played about 25 full games and have only achieved the nano twice.

It really just involved pre snap movement that confuses the olinemen, or overloading the A gap.

Unless you time out the snap, you can't do this consistently whatsover. Its not unsim, or cheese.

I wish you were right but.....

I dont say that because I dont know what Im doing either. For all of Madden 09s flaws, the o-line in it BLEW the Madden 10 o-line out of the water. No way you were getting instant 2 second heat on someone every play unless you blitzed at least 5. Yeah, it sucked to play someone with 5 or more good nanos, but I always felt like there was a way I couldve blocked differently to prevent it.

The way it is right now the o-line is broken, and even tourney/hardcore type guys are saying the same thing.

I want a true pocket in Madden, but the offensive line A.I. just isnt good enough to do it yet IMO. The gaps in the middle are sooooooo huge.

Made even worse by the auto QB drop back. I hate sprint backwards passers as much as anyone, but Id rather deal with that than THIS.

Last edited by deloz; 08-18-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:07 AM   #14
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
you can't do this consistently whatsover.
Really? I think the best Madden 10 ballerz would disagree.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:14 AM   #15
T9R
Rookie

I think the achievement is supposed to be sarcastic. At least I really hope it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 03:47 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 21

Hearing this and the "Stop Scoring You Will Break The Game" stuff really leave me scratching my head. Only because I know a handful of other little "funnies" will be found as time passes.

I cant help but get frustrated though. This kinda time and effort to hide this stuff reassured me Ian and Co. care about this game and want us too as well.

That said, I think this is another way of EA not only recognizing but almost praising known in game glitches. The nano blitz has nothing to do with with anything other than exploiting known AI issues, many cases in online situations to win games.

Its nothing more than a guaranteed sack in a series (if you know what your doing). That type of tempting game flaw is often too much for some people not to lean on to ensure a win in close online games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »