Home

Would love to see better "Dive" animation(s)

This is a discussion on Would love to see better "Dive" animation(s) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 02:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Would love to see better "Dive" animation(s)

I'm loving this game so far and am playing so much I'm not really posting... but one thing I had to get out there. I can't stand the regular 'dive' animation any longer. There needs to be more context sensitive dives or animations. I know there's the one by the pylon where they dive sideways and reach the ball over and there is the dive over the pile on the goal line. But other than that, the 'regular' dive animation is lame. It looks like the player is just sliding across the ground in an uncoordinated manner and then there's that lame leg kick where one leg flops over the other.

Also, I'd love to be able to try to 'dive' or stretch out arms during a tackle animation. There's that one animation where they sort of wrap your legs but your player just sort of falls forward. By hitting 'dive' it'd be great to see a lunge or the player try to stick/jump the ball forward for more yards. There could be a risk/reward system added here to in which you're more prone to fumbles during this action.

Hopefully its on the list for next year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 02:36 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Would love to see better "Dive" animation(s)

There are other dive animations bro. A few things are taken into consideration but one is you have to hit the dive button right after he cross the goalline. For instance, Deangelo Hall from the Skins does a swan dive into the endzone, turns in midair and lands on his back.

It's pretty sweet...wish I could show you a video of it. Check youtube to see if there are any.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Would love to see better "Dive" animation(s)

Oh yeah, I've seen a bunch of different 'fun' dives into the endzone. I mean more realistic dives during regular play, anywhere in the playing field... like diving for a first down.

While I'm at, I'd also love to see players try to get up with a sense of urgency. A few times, I'll have my receiver go to the ground for a catch with no defender around him. Instead of getting up quickly with a sense of urgency, they just sort of take their time to stand up as it goes through the animation. By the time the guy gets up I've got a bunch of defenders around me that just sort of brush by me and the whistle blows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »