Home

Has anybody had pass interference called either for or against them playing the cpu?

This is a discussion on Has anybody had pass interference called either for or against them playing the cpu? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Has anybody had pass interference called either for or against them playing the c

Who would buy Madden if the game was more realistic with their penalties? Use your heads guys. Nobody aside from the handful of simfreaks like the people on this board (who are a TINY minority of the Madden fanbase) would feel like sitting through all of those penalties in a game.

I do agree that there could be better balance with them. There's barely ANY penalties in the game. How many games have you ever seen without false starts and pass interference at times? I don't think it needs to be 100% realistic with the penalties, I don't even think it needs to be 80% realistic with them. If it could just somewhat implement them, that would be fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #26
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Has anybody had pass interference called either for or against them playing the c

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Who would buy Madden if the game was more realistic with their penalties? Use your heads guys. Nobody aside from the handful of simfreaks like the people on this board (who are a TINY minority of the Madden fanbase) would feel like sitting through all of those penalties in a game.
That's what sliders are for -- catering to different play preferences. If the sliders actually worked for penalties, which they don't, you could have your weird unrealistic penalty-free game, and we "simfreaks" can have real football.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #27
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

the false starts are something I don't have a problem with... if your using the fake snap to keep the d-line from being quick off the ball you'll get a few of them (likewise the cpu seems to get a couple a game too)
Old 08-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 26

Ive seen PI once so far and it was the cpu that commited it

Just call me Sanchez
Old 08-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have only played about 7 games so far and I have only had it called in my favour once (with default sliders). The CPU DB blocked my WR1 from running the post route, I noticed it and threw in his direction and got the call. I have seen play which could be possibly called Interference but I threw to the other side of the field so it might be a good idea to throw the ball in the direction of the effect receiver if you spot it when making your reads.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #30
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

Only once (against AI) in about 10 games
This needs fixing.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #31
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

You'll never see many penalties even if maxed out, for example in 16 games with nearly all maxed I've seen no offensive interference, intentional grounding, or roughing the passer.

But I have had about three defensive PI's called on the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
That's what sliders are for -- catering to different play preferences. If the sliders actually worked for penalties, which they don't, you could have your weird unrealistic penalty-free game, and we "simfreaks" can have real football.
Yep. If sliders work, everybody wins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »