Home

Two Major Issues That Need Patching

This is a discussion on Two Major Issues That Need Patching within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #17
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Two Major Issues That Need Patching

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
That would kinda be the point of setting the slider on ZERO, wouldn't it?

No pal, the instructions specifically say slide to the left toward zero to INCREASE fumbles.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #18
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
No pal, the instructions specifically say slide to the left toward zero to INCREASE fumbles.
Well... I guess I should check things out a little closer before being a smartass. Still, that sounds backwards, doesn't it? That's completely opposite of every other slider on that screen.

Also, I'm not your pal, buddy.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #19
Banned

mvandor's Arena

Quote:
Well... I guess I should check things out a little closer before being a smartass. Still, that sounds backwards, doesn't it? That's completely opposite of every other slider on that screen.

I'm a Chargers fan, I was being facetious, but I know a Raider fan wouldn't understand such big words.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

completely opposite? what in the world are you talking about? moving it to the right is supposed to make the CPU fumble less... what's the issue?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #21
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
completely opposite? what in the world are you talking about? moving it to the right is supposed to make the CPU fumble less... what's the issue?
Because every other slider goes to LEFT to make things happen less?

You want less INTs... you move it left.

You want a less effective passing game, you move it left.

You want less fumbles, you move it... right?

It's backwards.

I'm not talking about it's effectiveness. I haven't had a reason to mess with it. But it's function is flipped from every other slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #22
Banned

mvandor's Arena

Quote:
Because every other slider goes to LEFT to make things happen less?

You want less INTs... you move it left.

You want a less effective passing game, you move it left.

You want less fumbles, you move it... right?

It's backwards.

I'm not talking about it's effectiveness. I haven't had a reason to mess with it. But it's function is flipped from every other slider.

No, there are other sliders that operate counter-intuitively as well. EA wasn't consistent.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Yeah, the CPU running is fixable.

Plus people apparently don't watch enough football. It's incredibly common for a guy to only be getting 1-2 yards a carry with the exception of a couple big runs that inflate the average. Everyone seems to think they should get 3-4 yards every time or something and it just doesn't work that way.
This is the truth. Watching Willie Parker every Sunday has proven this. It's just that on Madden I never get that nice long run so I'm stuck at 1.5 ypc.

Some of the bigger backs are better at consistently getting the 2-4 yards in real life... but they don't break many big runs so their average isn't much different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I dont mind that the CPU defense blitzes, but...

1) It should vary from team to team. Some teams blitz alot, and some hardly blitz at all. It should be based on coaches and personnel.

2) TOO MANY DB blitzes!!!! How many times are they going to send the CB? It gets annoying seeing CB blitzes 20 times a game regardless of who you face, when CB blitzes arent nearly that common. FIX IT.

Still, the two biggest issues I feel need patched are user controlled sacks (at least from the 3-4 OLBs) and some of the franchise stats. Pursuit angles and covering the flats are also big issues.
I agree with everything you said. I always hated the overuse of corner blitzes in EA games. They are easily exploitable, unrealistic, and usually too easy to read before the snap.

Your last paragraph is on point too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
No, there are other sliders that operate counter-intuitively as well. EA wasn't consistent.
Yeah I hated the way they did the sliders. Made it confusing. And why isn't there a Human and CPU Special Teams slider?
Old 08-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #24
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

the AI defense also needs to pick the correct formation based on my offensive package. It almost feels like the AI knows what im doing on offense. If I pick a running play out of a 4 wideout formation they will still be in a 3-4 or 4-3 D and even bring up the safties and the outside linebackers dont even spread out to attempt to cover the slot wideouts. but if Im passing out of a 4 wide set they will be in the dime. Just makes it way to easy to audible out of a run play in 4 wide to a pass play and take advantage of this formation error. doesnt happen 100% of the time but way more then it really should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »