Home

Getting sacks on the CPU is too EASY (not a typo!)

This is a discussion on Getting sacks on the CPU is too EASY (not a typo!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Getting sacks on the CPU is too EASY (not a typo!)

So far I am having a field day with the Ravens defense on my first 2 preseason games of my franchise. I got 6 sacks the first game (Redskins) and 4 sacks on the second one (Jets), I use Marino's sliders for the pass rush and other than that I move around some of my players on specific formations to utilize their pass rushing abilities to the max (like putting Suggs at DE and Ngata at DT on some sub packages) and just blitz, blitz and than blitz some more. So far so good, hopefully the trend continues.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #34
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Ok here is the freaking point ok. I know I can get some pressure with the guy I control. But there is 10 other guys on my defense controlled be the AI. Get what I am talking about at this momet. The point is why I can control 1 player and get decent pressure on the AI with the DE. My other guys controlled buy the AI on the line are not getting much pressure. Why is it when the AI controlled team can get pressure. But when the Ai is on my defense it will not create much pressure with the guys it is controlling. That is the point I am trying to make right now.
Well buddy sounds like you are S.O.L. lol what D-line are you rocking ? Panthers I assume On the real I feel your pain I think if you play better coverage your D-line performs better if that makes sense. I mean like bringing a blitzer or more than one but also filling in the vulnerable spots on defense. It is frustrating at points but I dont see it happen to me much & I use really only 3-4 teams

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 08-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #35
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

OP, can you post some vids of you thrashing the OL? I've yet to use a DL to beat a guy off the edge and get a sack.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 24

The only play that I have some success with is the CB blitz......they come around the outer edges often unblocked. I can get 1 or 2 sacks with this, but I also risk getting burned if the QB finds an open receiver downfield.

Most of the time, I get those lame duck passes, though.......
Old 08-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 34

Funny, first game of my Online Franchise using the vikes, on all pro..joe thomas handed me my lunch..and I was using jared allen.

2nd week..I played the lions, and kicked their OT's butt all over the field.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #38
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
OP, can you post some vids of you thrashing the OL? I've yet to use a DL to beat a guy off the edge and get a sack.
its not that hard to get a sack with the DE.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #39
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
its not that hard to get a sack with the DE.
For me it is, thanks.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #40
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I see what the OP is saying. I normally play as FS and do not switch players during play. However, I will occasionally play as DT/DE on 3rd and long. I noticed that when I play as DT/DE, you can consistently get pressure/sacks, and force too many turnovers because the QB will make bad passes instead of take the sack at times. This is why I will not play as DL the entire game. Otherwise you will see too many picks 6's on bad QB decisions.

My biggest concern was being able to get pressure when I'm not playing as DL (which is most of the game). Fortunately, I have found a good slider set and am now getting pressure/sacks with AI DL, but it's just not consistent enough. There are definitely times when it seems the QB has all day, but this is not every play. I play with 49ers and they use 3-4, and there is definitely a problem getting pressure/sacks with OLBs. Most of my sacks are coming from DL. It's something that I am overlooking right now, but hope they improve with patch (or by M11).

As usual, you've got to use some house rules with Madden... but it's still fun, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »