Home

Getting sacks on the CPU is too EASY (not a typo!)

This is a discussion on Getting sacks on the CPU is too EASY (not a typo!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Getting sacks on the CPU is too EASY (not a typo!)

Okay, I had to make this thread because I'm sitting here scratching my head as to why a lot of people are having the exact opposite issue. I've played 10-15 games against the CPU on All-Pro, both default sliders and custom, 7 minute quarters (acc clock of 15 seconds) and I get a MINIMUM of 2 sacks per game with my LE.

I'm a novice at Madden -- the majority of you can breakdown the game much better than I can, so something here is wrong. Let me explain what I do on each play.

1.) Take control of my LE.
2.) 95% I shift my linebackers and DE to the left or right.
3.) When the ball is snapped I take the right analog stick and continually move it right and left (more-so to the right), while holding down on the turbo button.
4.) Once I have a little bit of space from the OL (and this happens often), I'll continue to hold the turbo, dive and hit the QB for a sack.

That's it; nothing really special about it. If I can do it then there's no reason 99% of this board can't. AND if you do this, I would hope that your stance on the sack issue would reverse. For me, getting sacks is way too easy. Like I said, I usually get a minimum of 2 sacks per game with my LE and I've had up to 5 in one game -- not good.

Last edited by pastaprimavera; 08-18-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Getting sacks on the CPU is too EASY (not a typo!)

So you can cheese it and that's a good thing?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

For one, I think most people are having problems getting sacks with OLBs in the 34.

Secondly, if I wanted to play an arcade football game, Ill go play Blitz. This is is supposed to be realistic, and needless to say, thats about as arcadey as it gets.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

I am having this problem as well. The last two games (vs. CPU) I have had 8 and 6 sacks respectively. This is with the Chiefs, who I beleive were last in the league in sacks a year ago. I play straight up, no cheese and most of my sacks are not by a player I am controlling. I seems like the CPU controlled QB just holds the ball too long.

My pass rush has been set to 95 so I have dropped that to 80 but have not played another game as of yet. I think I am almost there with the rest of my sliders.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

Tell ya what Mr. Sacks-are-too-easy Guy, play middle linebacker instead of defensive end and see how many sacks you get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
I am having this problem as well. The last two games (vs. CPU) I have had 8 and 6 sacks respectively. This is with the Chiefs, who I beleive were last in the league in sacks a year ago. I play straight up, no cheese and most of my sacks are not by a player I am controlling. I seems like the CPU controlled QB just holds the ball too long.

My pass rush has been set to 95 so I have dropped that to 80 but have not played another game as of yet. I think I am almost there with the rest of my sliders.
...you had it set on 95 and you wonder why you're getting too many sacks? Really?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Tell ya what Mr. Sacks-are-too-easy Guy, play middle linebacker instead of defensive end and see how many sacks you get.
That's irrelevant. I don't play MLB, I play LE. My point is that it's too easy using the LE and I'm not interested in padding my stats (like others are suggesting).

I should not be getting 2 sacks per game at a minimum with one guy.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearlacher1
So you can cheese it and that's a good thing?
Don't get your panties in a bunch. This isn't a thread about cheese, it's a thread debating the the sack issue. Most are saying it's too hard and I'm saying it's too easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »