Home

Formation Subs????

This is a discussion on Formation Subs???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Formation Subs????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
Ahh, I often use Ask Madden, that would explain why I don't see it.
yeah it's kinda frustrating because it worked when using ask madden last year.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #10
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I use the right stick at the formation screen and there are all kinds of different looks.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
yeah it's kinda frustrating because it worked when using ask madden last year.
Yeah, I am pretty sure it has to do with the new 3-button play call screen. Last year on ask madden your play call box would only cover one play and therefor one formation, now with this system it covers 3. Therefore you can't do formation subs or package swaps in ask madden or choosing plays by play type.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 12

In franchise it will actually remember the subs you made from game to game and even if you change playbooks it will remember which formations you had subbed certain players in for assuming they share the same formations. For example I have Suggs at DE and Ngata at DT on any formation that has 4 down lineman in the Ravens playbook and when I tried using the Jets playbook (extremely similar) it still remembered my subtitutions.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

So if i do the formation subs for all formations.....in theory it should then work in ask madden? Or if i want Hester as a slot receiver instead of on the outside and i change in one formation, if i use ask madden and he picks a play from that formation......would it work?

Or does it just not work for ask madden at all?

Anyone know if this works for special teams? (example: i dont know who the default holder is, i think backup qb, but what if in real life it is the punter?)
Old 09-08-2009, 05:48 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Still, this is sad. I play as the jets, and I like having Leon Washington the default HB in all my passing formations, every time. I should be able to do this pre-game in a franchise, and not have to deal with the play clock every time I want to do this.

Nevermind how I usually do things on defense when it comes to subbing people; why use 2 MLB in a nickel if my 2 best LB happen to play LOLB/ROLB?
Old 09-08-2009, 05:59 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 11

as a previous post states, you shouldnt have to make those changes every game. once you sub washington in to the formations you want in a game, it will remember those formation subs you made in future games. (if youre playing franchise)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #16
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

What I do is, turn off the playclock in the first pre season game, do all of my subs, sim the rest of that game, then begin my season with all my subs already set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »