Home

2nd roster update highlighted by Vick & Favre 8/19

This is a discussion on 2nd roster update highlighted by Vick & Favre 8/19 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: First Roster update is on 8/18 w/ Mike Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue&golf
Sorry for the potentially dumb question, but do you need the XBox Live "gold" to get roster updates, or are they available to everyone?

thanks,

B&G
No, I get them with Xbox Live "silver". You go to Xbox Live from the main menu and then it should prompt you, if not click on depth chart on that Xbox Live menu and then it should prompt you.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1

Yeah I think they definetly overrated him.
73 for a guy that has been out of the league and in jail for two years and was never a good QB to begin with, I think thats a little high.
Hopefully they'll knock it down and make it a little more realistic in Roster Update 3.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #51
Rookie

ak1knight's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by six
I am expecting my game to come in the mail 2morrow, so this is perfect timing I suppose.

I just don't get why Vick matters unless you are a cheeser using the Eagles.

I'm going to play my off-line dynasty with my Titans, and seeing as Vick is the back up QB...how will he even matter in my dynasty? I wish the game would implement the wildcat formation for the Eagles and such, but I doubt it.
The Eagles already have the wildcat in their play book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #52
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjamestx
Tom Brady is a better qb, but I'm pretty sure that Vick could have at least one a championship with that same team. They were stacked, and they keep getting stacked. Stop with the nonsense
Cjamestx, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgp913
As far as being humbled goes....that was strictly the words of PR speech writers dribbling out his lips. No way does he feel, in his heart, that he deserved losing 130 mil or that he even did anything wrong. It's not a switch that gets flipped on. He's saying what he has to say to get back in good graces and make millions again.

As for his rating..it's high if he were going to suit up for week 1. But considering the first 6 weeks he'll be able to get into football shape, practice, etc. I don't think it's too high. By week 10 he could very well come close to, if not justify that rating.

Carrying is a little too low and throw on run too high though.

That's pretty impressive that you can get inside someone's heart and know what they are feeling. That must come in handy with the ladies...
Old 08-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #54
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1knight
The Eagles already have the wildcat in their play book.
Ok good to know. Do you think the CPU will use it against me or other CPU teams in dynasty?

I hope so. I mean, in NCAA they use the wildcat sometimes so I"m hopeful it works for the Eagles in Madden.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #55
Rookie

ak1knight's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by six
Ok good to know. Do you think the CPU will use it against me or other CPU teams in dynasty?

I hope so. I mean, in NCAA they use the wildcat sometimes so I"m hopeful it works for the Eagles in Madden.
Yeah I've seen the CPU use it a couple of times against me, not sure about CPU vs. CPU simming though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPerk
Yeah I think they definetly overrated him.
73 for a guy that has been out of the league and in jail for two years and was never a good QB to begin with, I think thats a little high.
Hopefully they'll knock it down and make it a little more realistic in Roster Update 3.

How was he never a good QB?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »