Home

pancake block stats still an issue

This is a discussion on pancake block stats still an issue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
pancake block stats still an issue

madden 10 seemed to fix many issues that previous versions of madden had (including the lack of sack bug)

but i'm still noticing a huge issue with pancake blocks...

similar to last year i cannot seem to get multiple pancakes with anyone much less get 1 with atleast 2 guys...

this is only happening when i play a game... when i simulate, my OL get pancakes as normal as other teams... but when i play a game there is a significant drop off

its not a big deal to me as far as gameplay goes b/c im still able to run just fine & get time to pass also... but in franchise mode this absolutely cripples my OL's improvement even though i have a 1500+ yard rusher & a 4500+ yard passer...

because of this im forced to simulate many games a season just to make sure my OL progression isn't non-existent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: pancake block stats still an issue

I think progression will be more tied to potential and age than to how many pancakes they get, so you probably don't NEED to sim games with progression in mind.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

if the other maddens are any correlation, then pancake stats are huge to players progression... especially if you getting 60-70 a year with 4-5 guys

they help players get to the pro bowl which will help increase the attributes way more then just a mediocre season of 20-30ish
Old 08-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
I think progression will be more tied to potential and age than to how many pancakes they get, so you probably don't NEED to sim games with progression in mind.
No dude, progression for all players are from performance, potential, and age. If your o-line doesn't get pancakes they aren't performing so they won't increase much in progression, and if they are 31+ years of age they WILL regress.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am disappointed that this is still a problem, is there any fix available?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

My buddies and I have the same problem. If you like to play in franchise mode this is a big issue. You can forget about a 75 ovr rookie ever getting better when his yearly avg is 5 pancakes to 10 sacks allowed. I wish there was a fix for this.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSubs
I am disappointed that this is still a problem, is there any fix available?
The game has been out less than a week, easy there bucko.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
The game has been out less than a week, easy there bucko.

LOL,Look if you want to deep throat EA sports roger that.But as far as this being a problem that should have been fixed,Madden 10 has been out a week...But this SAME EXACT PROBLEM HAS APPEARED since the first PS3 version...and it wasn't always like this because on the PS2 I actually had the opposite problem my whole o-line would almost always make the pro bowl because they had a ****load of pancake blocks.so its comething EA could fix I dont know how major but this isnt somthing that has just been brought up with this version or even this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »