Home

thank you Ian and the rest of the Madden Team

This is a discussion on thank you Ian and the rest of the Madden Team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: thank you Ian and the rest of the Madden Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, I guess you are a believer in the game has to play perfect straight out of the box instead of a few days of slider adjusting.(Like Bill Harris)

Bad Pursuit Angles

Bad Blocking

Warping Player Movement

Lack of D in the Flats

No Sideline Toe Dragging

Bill's sliders (which most think border on extreme) do nothing to fix those gameplay issues. The game does move progressively faster to the point the issues happen to quick to notice in real time. Or game movement is so fast that some of the issues dont have the same effect they did when the game went at a slow pace.

Slider sets hardly fix the game like you imply. The mask bad game play to the point some find it acceptable.

The words "perfect game" get thrown alot around here to defend M10. Its got nothing to do with being perfect, its got everything to do with proper execution of simple player interactions.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-19-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 9

Long live the SNES days.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #75
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Bad Pursuit Angles

Bad Blocking

Warping Player Movement

Lack of D in the Flats

No Sideline Toe Dragging

Bill's sliders (which most think border on extreme) do nothing to fix those gameplay issues. The game does move progressively faster to the point the issues happen to quick to notice in real time. Or game movement is so fast that some of the issues dont have the same effect they did when the game went at a slow pace.

Slider sets hardly fix the game like you imply. The mask bad game play to the point some find it acceptable.

The words "perfect game" get thrown alot around here to defend M10. Its got nothing to do with being perfect, its got everything to do with proper execution of simple player interactions.
I'll say it again, I understand that sliders don't fix everything. I've also said I just don't have the time to replay every play as I have other commitments in life more important than video game football. Plus, I did a bit of looking myself last night, and there were some blocking assignment on blitzes that were spot on. These bad blocking assignments and morphing don't happen on every play as one might be lead to believe by others opinions on the net.

The slider set makes the game more enjoyable for me and that's the whole bottom line for me. I don't play it on very fast, either.

Hopefully, some of those issues you listed we be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Last edited by roadman; 08-19-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #76
Banned

m3commish's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
Eh, I thanked them with my $60.
You beat me to it.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 18

I definately want to thanks Ian and the rest of the EA team for their hard work and community involvement on Madden 10. I think this year's game is a solid step forward - by taking things back to basics. It is a fun game to play - not perfect - but fun. I look forward to the patch work (the broadcast cam, replays, etc) but overall im impressed with Madden 10. Good job guys.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
Whats up guys.

As a total non partial person in this Madden "sucks" debate im going to go on record in saying i am tottally having fun with this game.

I dont have to preface what im about to say with "its not perfect, but..." for obvious reasons.

The main problem with gamers, especially Sports gamers now-a-days is that our expectations are raised to a ridiculously high level. (even though you may not feel thats true..trust me it is) Most of us are in our late 20's, early 30's, and have seen these games evolve to this photorealistic level, with unparalleled control.

The problem with this is, through this maturation we also expect literal, real time, life like interactions...because of course we can now actually see arms, and fingers, and we can SEE soemone reaching out to try to grab a running back as he is being blocked.

The more realistic the game LOOKS, the more realistic we expect the game to play and feel. however, the technology, has not reached that level yet...well it has, but game development isnt a "fly by night" thing. Most of the things that we want, take time, resources and a lot of man power.

Yes its thier "job" (depending on what they are being told to work on)...but nothing about developing a game is easy.

So when you see things that have been in the game for 2-3 years and you are wondering "WHY ISNT THIS FIXED!!"

Ask yourself, with the limited knowledge you all have of the game industry, the company, the people who are actually working on the game, who is being told to do what...what else MAY have been "broken"...

Is the issue you have with the game currently something that prevents the game from being played?

In most cases that answer is no.

Now, Im not "apologizing" for any game company here. but a lot of the threads specifically in the Madden forum, and it also happens in the 2k and Live forum (i myself have even flown off the handle before) are a little ridicuous.

a lot of you guys put the game in and the first thing you do is wait for a problem to happen...or if you see a problem you log on and complain...whihc you have every right to do, but when you do that, you are not putting things in to perspective.

I would liek to thank Iain and his team for coming to OS and spending thier time with the community here, I noticed he hasnt been around lately but i want to let him and his team know:

You did a good job bro, keep up the good work, please dont let the people who dont understand get to you...they dont know any better. your work is appreciated and i Look forward to you fixing the issues i know you want to be fixed for next year.

If you dont like the game or the issues you see bug you, thats fine I'm not saying dont express your displeasure...the majority of you guys just have no idea of how difficult making a game actually is. and its a lot more difficult then just saying "blocking is broken fix it"

and to the people who are having fun with the game..try to stay away from the negative threads because all it will do is cause you to not enjoy it any more.

Thanks again Ian and co., I'm enjoying the game and looking forward to Madden '11 i hope you all stay on board.

~GSW
That.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 26

Dang!!!! People around here are getting real creative with their applications for a spot at next year's Community Day. LOL public "Thank You" letters and everything.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've also said I just don't have the time to replay every play as I have other commitments in life more important than video game football.
You say that line more than anybody else on this board. I just don't get where your going with it. I don't come close to replaying every play as you imply.

I do have 30 extra minutes extra in my day to spend looking at how I think a video game I play in my leasure time is broken and frustrating.

For somebody who pounds his chest on being important and not having free time, you spend a staggering amount of time on this board. Im not saying I dont, either.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-19-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »