Home

thank you Ian and the rest of the Madden Team

This is a discussion on thank you Ian and the rest of the Madden Team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:48 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: thank you Ian and the rest of the Madden Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
i love the graphics and people need to stop being so damn picky. If you want 100% perfect realism in an NFL game, go play in the NFL. Its a video game and a damn good one too. The biggest realism upgrade i think is the little things like the close first down measurements, the refs conferring on close tds, the rb body movement when he jumps and is hit in the air, etc.. If your mad about your $60 you should have rented it first. No game will ever be perfect. Enjoy this game or trade it in for a mario game.
Now that's not fair. Not everyone have what it takes to make it to the NFL or get a roster spot, see former Heisman trophy winner Jason White, Ryan Leaf, Maurice Clarett. Just because you like the game for what it is, doesn't mean everyone else does. It's not like people have a choice at another NFL game.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:48 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 24

Because of the economy, and my uncertain future with the USPS, I was hoping to finally have a Madden game with the longevity of 2k5. I may not be able to afford Madden after this.

I believe I have found what I've been waiting for.

Thanks Ian and crew!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:11 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'd like to thank the local video store for allowing me to rent the game first.

They deserve a shout out, IMO.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:06 AM   #60
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

GSW I have a few questions for you. I hope you don't mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
I dont want people to think that my post is excusing the flaws in the game or making an excuse for them.

Its merely saying that nobody, nothing, is perfect. not even the people who complain, or the people who dont.

Totally agree GSW. Nothing is perfect. No title is perfect but some do provide a very solid foundation and gameplay fundamentals. Which include options, A.I, animations, presentation, and player control. Do you think Madden 10 provides that?

we have to learn as people to temper our expectations, in anything, whatever that may be and know that everything isnt going to be exactly the way we want.

I understand but by you making this post tells me that you want for those that are not happy with the game to accept its flaws, but these flaws are not simple things. Some of these flaws are really unacceptable. Don't you think?

Ok I played MLB the show and it didn't meet all of my expectations but the game is still amazing, and in the forums for the show it never received the same amount of negativity Madden 10 is receiving. Why do you think? That game also didn't meet everyones expectations, but it still received major props. Why should it be the same for Madden?

We can hope, we can be optimistic, but inevitably we will always be let down, if we do not learn to be realistic and adjust our own thinking.

GSW you never played a title that you were anxious for and once you received it you were very happy with the results? You mean to tell me that every game you waited for let you down?

I don't know what games you play, but when COD4 was released I was very pleased with it, MLB the Show, Madden on last gen, 2k football, Resident Evil 1 thru 5, I can go on and on but i'm sure you know where I'm getting at. These titles didnt let me down they delivered.

You can't say the same?

Just like it took TIME for the game to LOOK realistic...It's going to take TIME for the game to play realistic...

Did you play MLB the show? How long did it take for you to realize it was a solid title, or any other game you played?

You can point out issues, and the most glaring ones will most likely not be neglected come next year.

But just know it is a process...I need the reminder just like anyone else because im not perfect and I too go off the deep end sometimes.

But like someone said, no one made you spend $60 n the game. you could have gotten a gamefly account, rented it, played the hell out of it, then made your choice to buy it, and accept its faults.

So please dont use that "excuse" as a justification why you are not happy.

But when you do spend the $60 for the game, don't you think you have the right to complain? EA did hype this game up big time, so many believed in them. Now they are at fault for trusting EA? , and if so don't you think they should have the right if the game doesn't deliver on what was promised?

Ian came on here and kept it real, he told u what was fixed, what he was working on fixing (things that were broken in madden 09) and what was not being addressed IIANM.

But, the word "Sim" gets anchored on so much in sports gaming. and it should stop because there wont be a true "simulation" for quite some time.

That was probably a mistake to use that word, but in general the game is an imporvement over previous iterations, aall the while making progress towards becoming more realistic (keyword becoming).

So your willing to settle for something that is becoming. Why settle?
Now ian himself stressed the word sim just as much as the gamers, so why stress the word sim to the gamers? Ian even came up with his very own brand new slogan. "You see it on Sunday you see it on Madden" He created that on his own not the gamer, so the word sim is what Ian used to get gamers hyped up for Madden 10.

Its going to take time.

How much longer do you think it's going to take to finally get a Football game from EA that is solid?

We just have to be realistic in our demands and expectations...were arent owed anything.

GSW we are buying the product. Our money funds EA. With out us there is no EA, so if EA is going to sell a product they have to sell a product worth $60. To say we aren't owed anything is so wrong ,and I think you know that?

To say the game wasnt tested though...thats a big joke, and proves that whoever said that (and i hate saying this) "Doesnt know what the hell they are talking about"

Yes your right it was tested. I guess the question is this.
1.Did the right people test this game?
2.Did the testers bring up the problems to EA, and if so why weren't the issue's addressed?
I can go on and on, but what did you think happened?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:11 AM   #61
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDMG
This is among the more ridiculous and over-the-top posts I've ever read. The rhetoric is way out there; there are some annoying issues but this is a quality football game, all in all - something I haven't been able to say about a Madden in years. How you get any of the respect you get around here with rhetoric that borders on the absurd is beyond me. Maybe people like your gimmick but I can guarantee I'm no longer clicking on another one of your threads. And as a service employee for many years, I think the opening line about how you "don't thank many people for the job they get paid for," shows a degree of self-centeredness, which isn't all that surprising after reading the rest of the post.
What is even more over the top is when someone says

"there are some annoying issues but this is a quality football game"

That makes absolutely no sense at all. I could understand if you stated the issues were minor to you, but to admit that they game has annoying issues and the game is solid is way off base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 03:13 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDMG
This is among the more ridiculous and over-the-top posts I've ever read. The rhetoric is way out there; there are some annoying issues but this is a quality football game, all in all - something I haven't been able to say about a Madden in years. How you get any of the respect you get around here with rhetoric that borders on the absurd is beyond me. Maybe people like your gimmick but I can guarantee I'm no longer clicking on another one of your threads. And as a service employee for many years, I think the opening line about how you "don't thank many people for the job they get paid for," shows a degree of self-centeredness, which isn't all that surprising after reading the rest of the post.
If we are gonna thank a video game designer for doing his job you better have thanked a long list of people well before him. I dont thank many people for doing the job they get paid to do with anything other than payment for service rendered and return business. You seem to be infering that I dont thank miltary, armed services, doctors or teachers....all people I go out of my way to thank. Long before I get around to video game makers.

Other than tell me I have a gimmick, you wont click my threads anymore and I am self centered (all character traits you assume out of a post), why don't you tell me where my post is "over the top" so we can discuss it. You know, without you just assuming things about me as a person.

If my points are so over the top and weak, why not attack them rather than me as a person?

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-19-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:20 AM   #63
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
If we are gonna thank a video game designer for doing his job you better have thanked a long list of people well before him. I dont thank many people for doing the job they get paid to do with anything other than payment for service rendered and return business. You seem to be infering that I dont thank miltary, armed services, doctors or teachers....all people I go out of my way to thank. Long before I get around to video game makers.

Other than tell me I have a gimmick, you wont click my threads anymore and I am self centered (all character traits you assume out of a post), why don't you tell me where my post is "over the top" so we can discuss it. You know, without you just assuming things about me as a person.
It's ridiculous how it has gotten to the point where people feel they need to thank a gaming company for making a game. Giving props is one thing ,but thanking them make no sense at all.

It's a business and they need to make a game to sell for profit. We on the other hand are the consumer. They have to depend on us to buy their product so they can exist, and if we do not purchase their product. They will close down.

Now if anyone should be thanking someone. It's EA to their customers for purchasing their product, not the other way around.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:50 AM   #64
Rookie

Jobe111's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
It's ridiculous how it has gotten to the point where people feel they need to thank a gaming company for making a game. Giving props is one thing ,but thanking them make no sense at all.

It's a business and they need to make a game to sell for profit. We on the other hand are the consumer. They have to depend on us to buy their product so they can exist, and if we do not purchase their product. They will close down.

Now if anyone should be thanking someone. It's EA to their customers for purchasing their product, not the other way around.
They aren't thanking them for doing there jobs. They are thanking them for doing there job very well.

The major issue with this game is Pass Rush. Which can be fixed with some hardcore Sliding.

Other than that things are mild. I mean there are times when Im like **** that shouldn't of happened, but those were in every game dating back as long as we can remember.

But to say we should make all these threads bashing EA and Ian and Crew because it will help them fix this game, it really won't.

You can't honestly tell me they don't know about Pass Rush and Run Blocking and WR/DB interaction. They have this game. And I'm damn sure they'll do everything they can to fix it next year.

The more people make threads saying we should Kill Ian for not listening to every post put up, the less he'll listen to the ones of us actually trying to help.

So I agree with the OP in saying Thank You Ian, for making a game that I will thoroughly enjoy for a good majority of this upcoming year.

(And to all those haters out there, if you thought this game was unplayable and already put it away... Did you not smash your 360 after 06, 07, 08, and 09?)

We just wait for our turn to speak.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »