Home

thank you Ian and the rest of the Madden Team

This is a discussion on thank you Ian and the rest of the Madden Team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
thank you Ian and the rest of the Madden Team

Whats up guys.

As a total non partial person in this Madden "sucks" debate im going to go on record in saying i am tottally having fun with this game.

I dont have to preface what im about to say with "its not perfect, but..." for obvious reasons.

The main problem with gamers, especially Sports gamers now-a-days is that our expectations are raised to a ridiculously high level. (even though you may not feel thats true..trust me it is) Most of us are in our late 20's, early 30's, and have seen these games evolve to this photorealistic level, with unparalleled control.

The problem with this is, through this maturation we also expect literal, real time, life like interactions...because of course we can now actually see arms, and fingers, and we can SEE soemone reaching out to try to grab a running back as he is being blocked.

The more realistic the game LOOKS, the more realistic we expect the game to play and feel. however, the technology, has not reached that level yet...well it has, but game development isnt a "fly by night" thing. Most of the things that we want, take time, resources and a lot of man power.

Yes its thier "job" (depending on what they are being told to work on)...but nothing about developing a game is easy.

So when you see things that have been in the game for 2-3 years and you are wondering "WHY ISNT THIS FIXED!!"

Ask yourself, with the limited knowledge you all have of the game industry, the company, the people who are actually working on the game, who is being told to do what...what else MAY have been "broken"...

Is the issue you have with the game currently something that prevents the game from being played?

In most cases that answer is no.

Now, Im not "apologizing" for any game company here. but a lot of the threads specifically in the Madden forum, and it also happens in the 2k and Live forum (i myself have even flown off the handle before) are a little ridicuous.

a lot of you guys put the game in and the first thing you do is wait for a problem to happen...or if you see a problem you log on and complain...whihc you have every right to do, but when you do that, you are not putting things in to perspective.

I would liek to thank Iain and his team for coming to OS and spending thier time with the community here, I noticed he hasnt been around lately but i want to let him and his team know:

You did a good job bro, keep up the good work, please dont let the people who dont understand get to you...they dont know any better. your work is appreciated and i Look forward to you fixing the issues i know you want to be fixed for next year.

If you dont like the game or the issues you see bug you, thats fine I'm not saying dont express your displeasure...the majority of you guys just have no idea of how difficult making a game actually is. and its a lot more difficult then just saying "blocking is broken fix it"

and to the people who are having fun with the game..try to stay away from the negative threads because all it will do is cause you to not enjoy it any more.

Thanks again Ian and co., I'm enjoying the game and looking forward to Madden '11 i hope you all stay on board.

~GSW
Old 08-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: thank you Ian and the rest of the Madden Team

Eh, I thanked them with my $60.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Im with u OP. Im so stoked to be playing an updated NFL game again. I mean i loved NFL 2K5, but i dont know if i could have played it again for another year.

Iv hated Madden since 06, but damn im loving Madden 2010. Its just a fantastic game.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't really care about graphics.... I just want newer games to have the options that the older games had. That's all I'm asking.
If you continue seeking a Madden game with all of the options it had on XBox, you will be disappointed. If you accept that the next-gen version of Madden is a downgrade in every area except graphics, then you will find a true gaming experience.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

When your expectations are raised to a certain level its natural to be pissed off when they arent met.

trust me... im a huge basketball gamer and i was REALLY upset at NBA games this year.

we have to temper our expectations with reality...

If Ian and co. are here next year i guarntee all the issues you all have will be addressed...(atleast 75%)

There will never be the perfect sports game, because the closer to realism we get, the more things that "should" be addressed.

Remeber Gameday 98 on playstation? and the Unstoppable juke move where the defenders just dove right thru you?

If that happend now people would revolt.

LOL
Old 08-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
You did a good job bro, keep up the good work, please dont let the people who dont understand get to you...they dont know any better. your work is appreciated and i Look forward to you fixing the issues i know you want to be fixed for next year.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
Whats up guys.

The main problem with gamers, especially Sports gamers now-a-days is that our expectations are raised to a ridiculously high level.
~GSW

Yes the expectations are high mainly due to the developer raising them with a 'I am a messiah for fixing the madden series' and that the let-down always comes after these madden staff have taken the money and moved on. This years game looks fantastic(outside the numerous graphical glitches) but plays like a dog. It does not matter who you are or whether you are an eternal optomist, this game has been released incomplete and untested. Again, gamers are being asked to spend hard earned money to prop up a gaming company in fiancial meltdown in order to gametest on behalf of EA....and then pay to get the extras which have always been in the game. A totally disappointing result for so much effort.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

You all are welcome!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »