Home

Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history?

no its not. I lead the league in rushing and I barely ever get sacked. If it was such a big deal we wouldn't be able to move the ball on offense.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

There are some flat out insane hiccups in the blocking with the OL. I don't get how on some plays it blocks just right, and others, there are 10 year vets making rookie mistakes. I've seen Alan Faneca stand straight up, and then run to the second level, bypassing his original assignment, on a passing play...I don't expect every play to be blocked perfectly, because it shouldn't, and couldn't be in any 'sim' type setting...But some of the mistakes are flat out ********, and things you know you wouldn't see in pee-wee league games, let alone in the NFL.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Pretty hard to argue, blocking in both NCAA and Madden is horrid this year. Getting your OL beat is one thing, having them pass a guy in front of them for a LB or just dodging a rusher as is happening is truly terrible programming work.

"You can't handle the truth!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nicholson-thumb.jpg (7.3 KB, 603 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
There are some flat out insane hiccups in the blocking with the OL. I don't get how on some plays it blocks just right, and others, there are 10 year vets making rookie mistakes. I've seen Alan Faneca stand straight up, and then run to the second level, bypassing his original assignment, on a passing play...I don't expect every play to be blocked perfectly, because it shouldn't, and couldn't be in any 'sim' type setting...But some of the mistakes are flat out ********, and things you know you wouldn't see in pee-wee league games, let alone in the NFL.
Yea I agree with this post. Dont get me wrong I really enjoy this game with the sliders Im using but some times blocking is just asinine. Then other times it looks like a game on sunday. Backs picking up chip blocks and guards executing traps and pulls to perfection. To me I can deal with it to be honest because Im really enjoying the game.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #13
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
make a better game yourself and stop complaining. All you people do is complain about every little thing. There will NEVER be a perfect football game, but this is as close as you're going to see.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #14
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

People post 100's of these stupid videos showing missed blocks as if that's some sort of conclusive proof that this game is terrible and broken. Guys, play the game. Either you enjoy it, or there's issues with it that make you not enjoy it.

If you really think the blocking in this game is the worst in next-gen history, I'm sure there's a $1.99 copy of Madden '06 sitting in a GameStop bin with your name on it. Enjoy.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

it's the game sitting if u play online it should be set pro level not all-pro or all-madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
make a better game yourself and stop complaining. All you people do is complain about every little thing. There will NEVER be a perfect football game, but this is as close as you're going to see.

Hopefully you mean it's as close as you will see in Madden 10 because it has been proven in other games that blocking can be done more realistically and consistently. FYI, blocking is not a minor detail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »