Home

Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history?

I have actually found that turning the game speed to slow eliminates a lot of the clueless offensive lineman! try it! I used to play on normal then switched to slow game speed and doing this reduces the number of lineman running around without a clue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #26
Rookie

tackleb0x's Arena

OVR: 1

These lineman turning to block a LB instead of the guy right infront of him does happen from time to time. Sadly, its the best a football game has dont with blocking to date. Hopefully its something they can patch.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
all you that are complaining are you rushing stats really bad are you getting beat on line??? what is the problem is it everytime? because like I said I have ran for over 1700 yards in 15 weeks with AP and my OL ratings suck!! I have had a few games where I go 25 for 70 and a few where I go 17 for 140, it seems pretty good to me, but when i get out of work I'm going straight home and going to replay every play so I can see how bad it is so I can be a l like the rest of you Madden Hatrers... go play 2k.. the only 2k I played was the one with TO on the cover TWO COPIES BOTH BROKE IN MY PS2, thats what I get for spending 20 bucks on a football game..
I love how you people think that people suck as the reason why they find glaring flaws in games. Seriously, if you are that great, then please post a video montage of your 1700 yards with AP. In fact, if you're so great, don't use AP since the OL suck, use the Titans and rush for 1300 yards with LenDale White, not Chris Johnson.

The blocking in the game is horrible, end of damn story. The vids are just as painful to watch as it is to experience it first hand. It doesn't matter if you are the king of Madden or the very scrub that can't score points or gain a first down in an entire game. The blocking sucks! Lol.

That procedural awareness nonsense failed in Madden 10. The player AIs can watch fighter jets "zoom" right by during the anthem at the superbowl game, but can't track defenders right in front of them, who are the biggest threat to disrupt plays? Yea ok.

Last edited by MAzing87; 08-18-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleb0x
These lineman turning to block a LB instead of the guy right infront of him does happen from time to time. Sadly, its the best a football game has dont with blocking to date. Hopefully its something they can patch.
Yes I hope they can patch it?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the drewster
I have actually found that turning the game speed to slow eliminates a lot of the clueless offensive lineman! try it! I used to play on normal then switched to slow game speed and doing this reduces the number of lineman running around without a clue.
Hmmm, is that why the games speed was slow as default?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone can help me here? I was playing a friend of mine...first and goal at the inch line...try a fb dive and he does a blitz up the middle, moves his two lb's closer to los and tackles my QB before he hands off to the fb...again on 4th from the inch line I try a toss and again he does same thing and again tackles before the pitch...anyone with any counters to these nanos? And for the most part he's a straight player not a glitcher and he really didn't seem to do anything but move the lb's close to the line in the a gap...and blitzed them...any ideas on what to do besides go to shotgun at the inch line lol
Old 08-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #31
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleb0x
Sadly, its the best a football game has dont with blocking to date. Hopefully its something they can patch.
Um. No. Let's just leave it at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 05:18 PM   #32
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

I've seen good, keyword good, linemen actually turn defenders one way, down block, and even drive a pursuing defender out of the way on the run. All of those things have been absent from next gen gameplay.

The pulls could be better, and the linemen are not picking up the blitz the way they should, but overall in my opinion this is the best blocking of this gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »