Home

Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history?

Thi forums is full of Maddenites who think that "D4y 1S teH PwNz0R5!!!11"

The average ypc in the NFL is 3.5 yards.
Your just mad that the realism is keeping you from running 78 yard TD's whenever you please.
I lead my franchise in rushing.
Why?
Do what real RBs do..
Don't mash your turbo button as soon as you get the ball.
Be patient.
Get better at the game, instead of just thinking that selecting your favorite back that you'll automatically "pwn"
Grow up.
It's finally realistic.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
You know its stuff like this that leads to arguments that lock threads and create arguments that run in circles. It also shows the two "core" responses from EA faithful. Either dont play the game (because they love it!), make your own game or learn how to play the game (because they are so much better!).

You have proof in your face about a broken aspect of the game. Rather than degrade people by telling them you dont have issues because your so good. Lets see you make a few videos to actually defend this game. Show some plays where blocking works properly.

To respond to your issues. If the game is so good why arent you playing it rather than post on this board. See how pointless of a statement that seems like? Thats because it is. When somebody points out issues in the game, I am sick and tired of the static "just don't play it" response.
+1

I would love to see some vids by users who have no problem running the ball where they show blocking works properly on a consistent basis.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 36

i dont care if my rb has a 2.1 ypc as long as the lineman play realisticly , thats great. means i just need to run the ball better or get a new rb. but thats no the issue.

the issue it the ol blatantly missing their first assignment to get their second and thta leads to the play getting blown up way way too often, as you can see in my vids.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPerk
Be patient.

It's finally realistic.
I thought it was commonly known that the turbo button causes your lineman to release from blocks. Are you saying that is how the game implemented patience?

What part of the game were you refereeing to as realistic? From a statistic standpoint or from the patience with the HB.

Finally are you not seeing any of the OL / DL interaction issues or just looking around them. Didnt mean that disrespecfully, its something that some people do.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPerk
Thi forums is full of Maddenites who think that "D4y 1S teH PwNz0R5!!!11"

The average ypc in the NFL is 3.5 yards.
Your just mad that the realism is keeping you from running 78 yard TD's whenever you please.
I lead my franchise in rushing.
Why?
Do what real RBs do..
Be patient.
Get better at the game, instead of just thinking that selecting your favorite back that you'll automatically "pwn"
Grow up.
It's finally realistic.
Hmm, so all these videos that are showing these poor blocking mechanics are made up? These people are looking for all kinds ways to bash and bring EA down right?

I'm all for realism. I don't care less about breaking any long plays. But the blocking doesn't work, whether you can lead the league in yardage for whatever position or not.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #54
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

I wouldn't say its the worst,09 definitely was bad.But there definitely are some "wth" moments in this game.Especially when the olineman just turns backwards and misses his block completely,or the fb running away from the lb to block someone totally not in the picture.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #55
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I like this game and hope a patch comes out sson to address certain issues, and once that is don't, it woll be playable.....Now with that said, the O-line/D-line play in this game is pretty bad,better then 09'...yes, but still bad.

This is my opinion.....the O-line does not form a true pocket. Just because they put in new animations for the trench play doesn't make it better. If you ever watch the O-Line/D-Line interaction on pass plays you will see that there is no double team blocking, its always one at a time, just like the tackling in this game.....try this, go into practice and drop every D-Lineman into coverge except one.....and watch the O-Line, theydont spread out to form a pocket, they huddle around the one pass rusher and take turns blocking him....its hilarious. Case and point, the blocking on Maddenhas been bad since coming to next gen and looks to stay that way, unless a new engine is implemented....which I doubt will happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm loving this thread (all it needs is an EA Dev participating, hopefully that happens at some point or hopefully the devs can take something from the thread). Yes the blocking is horrible. The logic and AI is all wrong (I hope I'm using the right terms). The Madden team needs to redo the whole thing in my opinion. There is no bandaid fix for this. Simple concepts like inside out pass blocking is non-existant as are proper steps in pass pro and even run blocking. Numbers at the point of attack mean nothing, defensive alignment and personnel mean nothing for the most part. These are basic things that Madden completely lacks and that's no good.

Am I imagining things or did Ian say they were going to work on line play extensively this year? Or was it just the interactions? Either way they need to do it again this year and hopefully they do it correctly because this blocking isn't cutting it any more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »