Home

Sports Illustrated Free Maddens on backorder

This is a discussion on Sports Illustrated Free Maddens on backorder within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Sports Illustrated Free Maddens on backorder

Called SI today to see if I could switch my free copy over to PS3 to jump on a slim...was concerned it may have already shipped(was going to get another 360).I need not have worried...according to SI customer service, they are having production issues with the SI copies and are backed for at least 2 weeks before it will ship.Just a warning to anyone who does this offer and thinks they would have Madden this week or something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sports Illustrated Free Maddens on backorder

Awww man, I just ordered mines yesterday from them
Old 08-18-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Confirmed. Talked to customer service and she said as of this morning the word was the games had not shipped and wouldn't go out until the end of the month. Too bad. I wouldn't mind getting SI but my Madden league starts soon and I don't want to wait and hope my game will be here in 2 weeks.

Just canceled my entire SI order since I haven't received an issue yet.

Thought about buying a copy at Target and just swapping it when my SI order comes in but the fact that the SI copies are delayed has me thinking they will have some "SI" or "not for resale" branding on them - making it impossible to return to a retailer.

Or what if the SI copies get pimped on the Online Franchise code. We already know from PAL buyers that copies of the manual exist without the codes - I wouldn't put it past SI/EA to omit that as part of the deal. Nothing said the retail copy of Madden 10 has to include a code for free DLC.

Anyway. I guess if you aren't in a rush no worries - should have your game by the end of the month and even if it doesn't have the code you still get it for $60 + a free mag. Be interested in hearing what someone got, if it was full retail and all or not. Let us know.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickfan101
Awww man, I just ordered mines yesterday from them
It is still a good deal if you don't mind waiting. In fact, you will not be able to cancel your order for a couple of days even if you wanted to. Customer service (800.528.5000) won't have you info in the system for a few days after your initial order - about the time the charge hits you credit card is when you should be able to call and cancel.

Last edited by lnin0; 08-18-2009 at 05:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »