Home

A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows

This is a discussion on A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 12:30 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
its extremely disappointing more than anything. I dont think anyone was pulling for EA to step it up this year presentation wise more than me. Unfortunately, they missed big time.

While 2k had realistic stat overlays, EA lets me know that the Titans used to be the oilers.

While 2k ramped up the game with a little pregame info, and then took you out to the stadium with a true to life intro and stadium shots,

EA shows the same 2 or 3 cut-scenes that zip right by, or they will show qb's warming up with stat overlays that pop up and disappear before you even know what they say, then it cuts right to the coin toss. everything is in speed mode or something.

Last year it was "beyond broadcast" that was a blatant exaggeration this year "they had a diagram to reference of where every camera is on a real broadcast". Nothing they do resembles a real broadcast.

I seriously think the people who make the game are not good at what they do. I just simply think that the people who made 2k5 were an extremely talented and creative group of individuals while the madden team is just some average joes.

just look at their interviews. I have never seen such an uneasy group of guys. They all look at each other for approval. "Online franchise is awesome--looks at Ian for approval" "yeah we have real camera angles--looks at the guy next to him. All of their body language screams exaggeration.

I dont know what to say other than, they dont get it, we might as well move on in the presentation department. Last year was suposed to be the "base" to expand presentation. are we going to say this every year? They have soooo much audio work to do and fix that its hard to beleive they could improve anything else for Madden 11. Let alone broke as heck online franchise and a getting worse by the day protak/blocking
u said it better than i could dude.

it comes down to TALENT.

a group of devs smaller than tiburon and not as much money as tiburon, putting things in their games that actually benefit and not just as a new slogan.

it has to be the talent.
maybe it is true tiburon got alot of their ideas from 2k. cause since then, they have not introduced something innovative but have been steadily borrowing from 2k.

mods please don't ban me. i just got the courage to put it out there.

people seem to be afraid to say that. talent goes along way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 10

This thread has gone slightly off topic I reckon.

It was just a general comparison now it's sort of gone EA bashing way.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:48 AM   #43
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Yup. 2K made their shows very life-like, and almost had a dynamic feeling. WOW is all I can say about that. I'm really liking madden 10 but hopefully EA gets their act together with the presentation.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 3

ur right jono078. back ontopic.

the halftime show is a step in the right direction but maybe next yr they will get it right.

presentation is improved this yr but repetitive cutscenes get boring after awhile, depending on how their done.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:26 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yep as usual next year maybe!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:38 AM   #46
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Absolutely amazing to see them side by side. As someone else said that's just 2K though, they were years ahead in quality and talent.

I still play 2k8 Hoops and their pre-season/post-season/bracket shows are amazing.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:57 AM   #47
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
I think the programers at 2K got together and made a deal with the devil before making 2K5, that game was was just years ahead of its time. it is nice to see EA is at least trying now though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
Yeah the more I watch the halftime stuff EA did this year the more I realize it's a half azz effort...

The comparison side by side is shocking to say the least... Wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
How can anyone dispute which one is the better of the two games when it comes to presentation? NFL 2k5 destroys Madden in EVERY way possible.

Most of the presentation that we see in Madden 10 is lack luster and really doesn't add much to the game in its current state.

Ian will not be able to shut up the NFL 2k5 fans until they can beat..........not be close.......not have some.....but to flat out beat NFL 2k5 in presentation. I don't think that will ever happen in Madden 11, 12 , 13 as there will always be "next year" comments or those ideas didn't make the cut.

BTW: Chris Berman is going to be tough to beat with the halftime show!

You can see that NFL 2k5 is still ahead of its time as here we are 5 years later and EA still can't touch it.

END OF STORY!
You guys nailed it!!!!! Boy I must figure out how to get updated roster on my 2k5. God must have been on my side, that I looked in my closet and I found a copy of 2k5.
Boy now I know why .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Please stop saying NFL 2k5 was ahead of its time. That is a such a crock. Madden is just behind it's time. There is no such thing as "ahead of its time". It's just an excuse for the only other NFL game to be where it is now. Look at EAs hockey game... Is that behind? What about MLB the show? Is that AHEAD of its time? Games are 65 bucks now. Give me a frigging break...
I hear where your coming from, but I'm sure you can understand why gamers use that term. It's now 2009, and we are getting games that are not able to out due games from 5 years ago, so it does give that impression that 2k5 was way ahead of its time. In reality it just that 2k knew what they were doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
This isn't a dig at EA but holy **** 2k done an AMAZING job with their shows. Honestly looked like I was watching real life footage! And to think that was done about 5 years ago, you can only take your hats off to 2k.

Can't wait til madden can top it.
They will need 2k's game engine to pull that off, or it will never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Does anyone know how in the hell 2k was able to PULL THIS OFF????
Homie I was laughing and smiling so much watching those videos, and I was asking the same questions?? How the heck did they pull this off. I mean comon the announcing was right on point , and it had so much personality behind it.

It was simply amazing!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentQ16
Ok, maybe it's because I'm drunk, but in the Weekly Recap with Flanagan video..at :50 sec in she says "Miami hung on for the 3 point victory." But, ummm the score was 31-27. I'm a pretty smart feller and, to me, isn't that 4 pts?

And, then I looked at the Qrtr by Qrtr score... umm Miami had 28 pts at the end of the 4th and the other team had 27. Why exactly did they even go to OT?

This is what happens when there is a monopoly on anything. No competition = bad news for consumer.

SIGH, I miss 2K......
Dame you for stealing my post lol , I saw the same exact error. They should have never went into O.T.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:08 AM   #48
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
its extremely disappointing more than anything. I dont think anyone was pulling for EA to step it up this year presentation wise more than me. Unfortunately, they missed big time.

While 2k had realistic stat overlays, EA lets me know that the Titans used to be the oilers.

While 2k ramped up the game with a little pregame info, and then took you out to the stadium with a true to life intro and stadium shots,

EA shows the same 2 or 3 cut-scenes that zip right by, or they will show qb's warming up with stat overlays that pop up and disappear before you even know what they say, then it cuts right to the coin toss. everything is in speed mode or something.

Last year it was "beyond broadcast" that was a blatant exaggeration this year "they had a diagram to reference of where every camera is on a real broadcast". Nothing they do resembles a real broadcast.

I seriously think the people who make the game are not good at what they do. I just simply think that the people who made 2k5 were an extremely talented and creative group of individuals while the madden team is just some average joes.

just look at their interviews. I have never seen such an uneasy group of guys. They all look at each other for approval. "Online franchise is awesome--looks at Ian for approval" "yeah we have real camera angles--looks at the guy next to him. All of their body language screams exaggeration.

I dont know what to say other than, they dont get it, we might as well move on in the presentation department. Last year was suposed to be the "base" to expand presentation. are we going to say this every year? They have soooo much audio work to do and fix that its hard to beleive they could improve anything else for Madden 11. Let alone broke as heck online franchise and a getting worse by the day protak/blocking
AWESOME POST!!!!! Very well said, and very truthful. Nice job Renegade44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Talk about 2k5 in your own forums.
Really??? you cant be serious? Your comment makes you look like you have been defeated, and now you want for everyone to leave.

I know your bigger than that. I mean look at the videos. The presentation that 2k offered was amazing. The same can not be said about Madden.

Honestly does it bother you that much?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »