Home

Robo QB is in full effect!

This is a discussion on Robo QB is in full effect! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #9
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Robo QB is in full effect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
I don't think he means completion wise, just a different kind of "robo" QB. Only this year it's an avoiding the sack version...a less annoying version than last years..but still can get on your nerves.

Hopefully it's patched, seems easy enough to remedy.
I turned intentional grounding up to 100 and the CPU still gets away with bloody murder 10 times a game, the CPU is a G-D Cheeser!!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

There Is No Robo QB In Madden 10..Thats One Thing Madden 10 Does Not Have

Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #11
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
I don't think he means completion wise, just a different kind of "robo" QB. Only this year it's an avoiding the sack version...a less annoying version than last years..but still can get on your nerves.

Hopefully it's patched, seems easy enough to remedy.
Yeah, I actually meant like trying to get a sack or at least without the QB having eyes in the back of his head or throwing the ball for a possible int (Brady would never do that unless he knew it was away from any defenders).

I'm talking switching to a different defender, especially a OLB. Merriman, when going for at least out of 10 times for a sack, he'll pick up at least one. Instead, everytime he goes for a sack, like what I said happens. It gets so ridiculous, I had to turn off my machine in utter disgust!

Maybe it is me, because I use the 3-4 just like what the Chargers use. I mean, i've got like 6 sacks using Jamal Williams himself, but I can't manually get a sack with my linebackers.

could someone explain to me, or give me assurance that it's possibly due to the team i'm playing or the QB i'm going against? I'm trying to think rationally here with this year's game. Is there something i'm missing? What do you guys do to get QB sacks? I hold on to the sprint button when QB hikes, then use the right joystick to maneuver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #12
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjamestx
There is no robo quarterback in the game. I played the Pats last night and got a pick for a touchdown. Did I sack Brady more than twice?.......No sir but hey.......Guys like Tom Brady and Manning don't get sacked that often in a game. You want realistic, well there it is. What's the problem? It's just the same as when I played the Colts last well as well......I was up by 17 at half......Of course, I expected the Paytonrific show to start sometime soon. All of a sudden, he gets hot and throws three straight touchdowns on the next three possessions. I couldn't get mad....That's what he does. So I had to man up like I did and make the fourth quarter comeback.......Came down the field and whalllllaaaaaaaa......W for the good guys....Well I want to be the bad guys so W for the bad guys. Get with the program.
He is not refering to the same thing you're talking about. He is referring to the cpu's uncanny knack to get rid of the ball just as you're about to sack him even it means throwing to a WR who isnt off the line of scrimmage yet and still being bumped by the DB. This is every QB not just Brady and Manning. I tested this inpractic mode. I called an under center play for the cpu in which both backs went out for a pass. I then set up a nano blitz right up the A-gap. Low and behold i never sacked the QB. Every snap was an off-the-back foot torpedo throw. Those type of throws should be inaccurate a good portion of the time but they were right on the money. That convinced me that its something in the programming and has nothing to do with sliders, "you suck", "adjust your play-calling", or any of the other blanket responses that i see in threads dealing with this topic.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

When rubber banding kicks in you see robo QB pretty badly.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

I guess there is robo-user too for all those times your not looking at your QB and you get the ball off just before the CPU sacks you
Old 08-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #15
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
He is not refering to the same thing you're talking about. He is referring to the cpu's uncanny knack to get rid of the ball just as you're about to sack him even it means throwing to a WR who isnt off the line of scrimmage yet and still being bumped by the DB. This is every QB not just Brady and Manning. I tested this inpractic mode. I called an under center play for the cpu in which both backs went out for a pass. I then set up a nano blitz right up the A-gap. Low and behold i never sacked the QB. Every snap was an off-the-back foot torpedo throw. Those type of throws should be inaccurate a good portion of the time but they were right on the money. That convinced me that its something in the programming and has nothing to do with sliders, "you suck", "adjust your play-calling", or any of the other blanket responses that i see in threads dealing with this topic.
EXACTLY! That's what i'm talking about man. Exact same thing i've been dealing with. Except i've never used the nano blitz on the teams. Through 9 games already, merriman has 0 sacks. shaun phillips, opposite of merriman, has 1 sack. Jamal Williams has like 9 sacks!!! Any football fan and chargers fan know that Williams is not a sack guy. But Merriman and Phillips are.

I don't know why they can't get sacks? Is it really due to the 3-4? I don't think so. When I use the 4-3, merriman and phillips are not even productive.

I don't know man. I really hope they fix this issue. I'm sick and tired of robo qb. Throughout years, theres been robo qb. Is it some type of glitch in the programming? Or is it EA compensating for a "competitive game"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

The CPU QB would rather throw a pick than take a sack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »