Home

Robo QB is in full effect!

This is a discussion on Robo QB is in full effect! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #33
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Robo QB is in full effect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
Using the Steelers i've been getting some sacks with Woodley and Timmons and of course my LE Aaron Smith. I've yet to get one sack from our reigning NFL DPOY James Harrison. I hope this is something that can get fixed because it just isn't right lol

I'm sure people who use the Cowboys D. Ware are going through the same thing.
+1 after 3 games in coach mode he has just 1 sack,
Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLfan80
Glad I'm not the only with this issue. I'm a Steelers fan/player and Harrison in all my games played so far only has 2 sacks out of 20 something games. Same with Woodley. I mix up my place, pinch my line spread lbs etc etc and nothing.

I have been getting i think a realistic amount of sacks from Woodley. Just a guess but if i were to play a full 16 game schedule he would probably end up with like 10-12. Timmons has been getting a few as well.

Harrison is my biggest problem getting sacks with.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #35
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
When rubber banding kicks in you see robo QB pretty badly.
That's an understatement. I've seen a kicker,A 12 RATED KICKER go 7-7 with a TD in the Madden Moment thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #36
Rookie

NFLfan80's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
I have been getting i think a realistic amount of sacks from Woodley. Just a guess but if i were to play a full 16 game schedule he would probably end up with like 10-12. Timmons has been getting a few as well.

Harrison is my biggest problem getting sacks with.
How are you getting sacks? I can't get any with Timmons and hardly any with Woodley.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:54 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLfan80
How are you getting sacks? I can't get any with Timmons and hardly any with Woodley.

I don't want you to think i'm getting TONS of sacks because i'm not. But i'm getting what i feel is on the low end of realistic for those couple of guys.

As for how,just scroll back to my other responses.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #38
Pro

crob8822's Arena

I have observed on several occasions the cpu quarterback will take the snap drop 3 steps and throw to a wide receiver who is still engaged with a defensive back.
The ball hits the receiver in the back and falls to the ground incomplete.
It often happens when a defensive tackle is left untouched.
Now this is where I would want to see the quarterback either move outside the pocket to increase time, or if the defensive player is close take the sack especially if the defensive player is ranked higher.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Yeah you see, I tried that bro. What I would do is crash the line to the right, then shift my lbs in a way where it's easier to get sacks with. Once hiked, I'd be say the DT, then I would hold sprint and tap the joystick down repeatedly then switch players and tried to dive at the QB but the QB would throw right away, even to nowhere 20 yards up away from any receiver. It's type ridiculous and this needs to get fixed. I don't think any QB in the NFL do this.
Joey Harrington used to. Look at his first two years and he had 52% completions and the lowest sack rate in the league. That was because he'd panic and throw the ball away as soon as somebody got into the backfield :-)
Old 08-19-2009, 02:22 AM   #40
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

Ok guys, well I been experimenting on the game and did a few things. I've got some good news and bad news. Good news is, I was right. As long as you don't control the player, the QB won't go into robo mode. But, if you let go of the controls after the hike, just let them do their thing, then once they get near, switch to that player, quickly press down on the right joystick repeatedly (not too much or you'll stumble - i know, so dumb) to get pass the ol then when near the QB press the tackle button.

It shouldn't have to be like that though. The AI is made to be programmed where if you control the player and do these moves along with the sprint, the cpu qb will panic. But try letting the controls go and let the ai take over. Watch what happens. Notice how the QB takes his sweet time in the pocket? Sometimes, you'll even get a sack from a mlb or an olb. But that's just ridiculous. I wanna manually control my players.

I'm going to experiment with it a little more and let you guys know. I know there's some type of loophole to this wonky ai.

Also, I like what crob8822 had to say about pocket presence. With all this pocket protection, how come rarely I see qbs move around in the pocket instead? NOW I KNOW FOR SURE IAN CAN PATCH THIS. This is just some programming they could put in the update. That would really kill the robo QB imo. Like Eli, he moves in the pocket. He doesn't throw off the backfoot to avoid a sack. Just look at his clips. If Ian and co could address this issue, this game would be tons of fun. Instead of having no hopes of getting sacks and just pressing buttons and joystick mindlessly, we can actually use the buttons and joystick to an advantage and actually look forward to sacks now.

Good stuff crobb.

Last edited by Bulldogs78; 08-19-2009 at 02:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »