Home

Things I have found out abou the Madden team

This is a discussion on Things I have found out abou the Madden team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Things I have found out abou the Madden team

just some various things I have figured out about this group of "programmers"

-they do not believe offsides exist in football. I'd say 30 games played and not a single offside called

-they don't know what defensive holding is thus didn't put it in the game

-they really like to make people waste time pressing a button to get through useless crap like the halftime show. Why can't I just turn that off or press ONE BUTTON at the start to skip the entire thing?

-they feel that if you are in superstar mode at any position you should have no rushing attack at all and 2-3 ypc is realistic. Really cool when I see the coach call a run play and I shake my head knowing it will get my team nothing. The starting HB on my current team went from an avg of over 6 ypc to right now 4.2 with me being on the team...and no doubt by the end of the season it'll be at 3.4 or 3.5 (he only has 1 game out of 5 that has been over 4 ypc) just like Forte's avg was 3.4 in my first superstar year. Magically Forte's avg has increased to 4.8 since I traded myself off the Bears.

-they feel that NFL kickers when on your superstar team do not have the ability to hit 40-49 yd FGs. Nothing like relying on the coach to call rush plays only to get 1-2 yards each time setting up a 41 yr fg and the kicker continually misses it.

-they believe that ratings really only come into play if a person is controlling the player. If it is AI controlled then ratings be damned. See the above rushing attack and kicking issues to back this up. I have a 95 rated back, insanely high rated OL and an almost perfect kicker yet they all suck on my superstar team.

-they really get a kick out of useless chain gang and ref screens that are annoying after seeing them after the 6 trillionth time and knowing you cant just skip them.

-they have no concept of ballspotting in superstar mode although my time in franchise has also seen some horrible spots. EVERY SINGLE play is spotted incorrectly and usually by a min of 1 yard in superstar mode.. My favourite is when my player's entire body is past the 1st down line with the ball 2 yards past it only to watch the chain gang come out. Seriously guys, wtf is this crap? Whoever programmed the ballspotting aspect of the game should be whipped with a wet noodle....then fired.

-above all, they do not feel the need to playtest their game. Seeing as I have read/heard two "whatevers" in the game I am thinking the programmers take on a "whatever" attitude to actually making sure their product is tested. I could list a bunch of glitches that I repeatedly see each game but I put those in the glitch thread along with the countless other issues other users have noticed.

I enjoy the game, am glad I bought it and think for the most part it is quite good but I am just sick and tired of seeing this type of stuff be in the game when it easily should not. If I can play a game for 20 minutes and see a bunch of issues then wtf are the people working on it day in, day out for over a year doing?

As much as I like this current gen of games and how advanced they are, I miss the days of back in the day when a product didn't come out full of bugs seen in 3.2 seconds and bad programming leading to serious gameplay issues. If these people making games today simply do not have the skill or time to do all the jazz then SCALE IT BACK and get rid of bugs/gameplay issues first before adding useless crap (like the chain gang code) that maybe 1% of the gaming population actually care about. If these people do have the ability and time to correct issues then DO IT rather than release half finished products only to promise to fix some issues via a patch. I know they have play testers and I know they get paid. How about they do their jobs.

It's a shame that we live in an economy/society where you simply can't have a company release say a madden every 2 years and merely offer roster updates in between. Nope, can't do that and release a glitch free game, got to rush them out each year all the while trying to add new features instead of fixing the issues so we can make every last penny possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #2

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Things I have found out abou the Madden team

Not necessary.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »