Home

Can we please get Accelerated Clock removed???

This is a discussion on Can we please get Accelerated Clock removed??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Can we please get Accelerated Clock removed???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I got news for you. It's not going anywhere. Millennium and I were on The Madden Voice last week with Ian Cummings, and he said he made it a point to turn Accelerated Clock on for online ranked games to prevent people from calling 14 audibles and 37 hot routes prior to snapping the ball.

For this, I say kudos!
That's the whole point! Ian doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I've played nothing but online for years and audibling and hot routes is not a problem. The only problem was people running too much time off the clock and people wouldn't do this till the last quater. Hell, i did it if i faced a cheeser so i wouldn't have to put up with the BS, but it was on rare ocassions. It should bet set to run down to 20 sec's, not 15.

The way it is now has made the game less sim. This has all but killed the running game because you don't have the time to stick with it. You're forced to pass way too much in order to score before time run's out. You can't even think about putting a well balanced drive together. If you get down by just one score you're forced to do nothing but pass.

Let's take a look at all this guy did for the game...

1-Fumble pile ups with a button mashing game which everyone hates.

2-Copy pasted cut scene presentation that sucks. It has many obvious problems like some of the coach's faces are wrong(Jim Zorn looks like he's strung out on crystal meth) and showing daytime cut scenes during night games.

3-Jostling for CB's and WR's which has led to DB's mirroring the routes of receivers before they even make their cuts.

4-Now this crap with accelerated clock. There was absolutely no reason to screw with the time on ranked games. It was fine the way it was. I don't doubt one bit this wasn't done so people would buy the elite package.

He was personally responsible for EVERYONE OF THESE IDEA'S and he sure as hell doesn't deserve kudos. It's ridiculous around here with the people kissing his *** when in fact he's probably done more bad for the game than good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #26
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
That's the whole point! Ian doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I've played nothing but online for years and audibling and hot routes is not a problem. The only problem was people running too much time off the clock and people wouldn't do this till the last quater. Hell, i did it if i faced a cheeser so i wouldn't have to put up with the BS, but it was on rare ocassions. It should bet set to run down to 20 sec's, not 15.

The way it is now has made the game less sim. This has all but killed the running game because you don't have the time to stick with it. You're forced to pass way too much in order to score before time run's out. You can't even think about putting a well balanced drive together. If you get down by just one score you're forced to do nothing but pass.

Let's take a look at all this guy did for the game...

1-Fumble pile ups with a button mashing game which everyone hates.

2-Copy pasted cut scene presentation that sucks. It has many obvious problems like some of the coach's faces are wrong(Jim Zorn looks like he's strung out on crystal meth) and showing daytime cut scenes during night games.

3-Jostling for CB's and WR's which has led to DB's mirroring the routes of receivers before they even make their cuts.

4-Now this crap with accelerated clock. There was absolutely no reason to screw with the time on ranked games. It was fine the way it was. I don't doubt one bit this wasn't done so people would buy the elite package.

He was personally responsible for EVERYONE OF THESE IDEA'S and he sure as hell doesn't deserve kudos. It's ridiculous around here with the people kissing his *** when in fact he's probably done more bad for the game than good.
....because ranked online games have EVER been realistic. Oh, right.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
That's the whole point! Ian doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I've played nothing but online for years and audibling and hot routes is not a problem.
I humbly and wholeheartedly disagree. I, too, have played online ranked games for years and it was, indeed, a problem. Too often would my opponent completely change the play he originally called by calling unrealistic hot routes for each receiver, calling multiple audibles, and constantly sending different WR's in motion to determine what type of coverage I was running. It was a problem, it's been fixed. That is why kudos have been given.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #28
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I think it should be set to 20 and not 15. We need to see the return of the original man lock though. this guy wants to send people in motion so he can see if you are in man or zone, not for any other reason and don't lie. The man lock feature killed bums who relied on motion to "read the D." Oh, not the D you were expecting cheeseball? thanks for the pick, now pull the plug like everyone else.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #29
Rookie

Jester7677's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I humbly and wholeheartedly disagree. I, too, have played online ranked games for years and it was, indeed, a problem. Too often would my opponent completely change the play he originally called by calling unrealistic hot routes for each receiver, calling multiple audibles, and constantly sending different WR's in motion to determine what type of coverage I was running. It was a problem, it's been fixed. That is why kudos have been given.
I agree it needs to stay, I don't agree in the time remaining on the clock has to be this low. The fact that your not willing to give me 5 extra seconds says to me that we don't try the same amount to understand and counter the D. I want to be able to select a WR, put that WR in motion, potentially send him back, perhaps make as many as 3 or 4 hot routes, note my progression... of hot routes I call I may be telling HBs or TE's to stay in to protect (something that if they were humans they might already know), I might tell a WR to slant (if they were human and saw the same protection they would already know) and I could go on... It's programmed so they DONT already know and I have to tell them through a series of button clicks.

If you want to remove that or reduce it to a point where the QB cannot do that, then you might as well fire up pong. I would think that not only would people want the ability to do that, but that they would want the ability to make multiple defensive adjustments.

I'm sure I could get faster at the process, but I don't think it's too much to ask for, for selectable time remaining on the clock or selectable time run off less than 15 seconds. Guess there are going to be three camps.

1) Those who want to be able to control the gameplay.
2) Those who want accurate stats.
3) Those that want the ability to have both (I think I fall in this category and don't get me started on the lack of Owner/Coach management).

What I'm hearing so far is people that love stats, for which I'm sure a PC game will give greater satisfaction. I agree that there are abusers of the time left on the play clock, but that's the last time I play them.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:32 AM   #30
Rookie

Jester7677's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I think it should be set to 20 and not 15. We need to see the return of the original man lock though. this guy wants to send people in motion so he can see if you are in man or zone, not for any other reason and don't lie. The man lock feature killed bums who relied on motion to "read the D." Oh, not the D you were expecting cheeseball? thanks for the pick, now pull the plug like everyone else.
You can do Man Lock. If memory serves...

Start the game
pause it
go to Coaching Options
last option is to set defender lock or something like that.

Yes, it's in there and I was THRILLED to see it because motion was a crappy thing to do without it. STUPID that they ever took it out, but that's a whole different subject.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #31
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

The current accelerated clock is great for ADD players that button mash to squeeze in 150 plays/game. Not so much for the rest of us.

I agree with OP that you should NEVER be required to use the current accelerated clock, it takes away your ability to sub players into a formation, enjoy the cut scene of the teams approacing the LOS, read the D, and audible or put a man in motion. You get delay of game, even on the minimum 15 second setting.

They need to burn the clock somehow in a way that still leaves you time to do all the above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 07:35 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester7677
I agree it needs to stay, I don't agree in the time remaining on the clock has to be this low. The fact that your not willing to give me 5 extra seconds says to me that we don't try the same amount to understand and counter the D. I want to be able to select a WR, put that WR in motion, potentially send him back, perhaps make as many as 3 or 4 hot routes, note my progression... of hot routes I call I may be telling HBs or TE's to stay in to protect (something that if they were humans they might already know), I might tell a WR to slant (if they were human and saw the same protection they would already know) and I could go on... It's programmed so they DONT already know and I have to tell them through a series of button clicks.
...and if you think an real NFL QB can do all of this in the 10 seconds or so they usually have remaining on the playclock when they get to the line of scrimmage, you're insane. Sorry bro...that's not real football. That's typical (up until this year) Madden Online crap. That's "Madden Nation Tournament Crowd" garbage. They've eliminated most of that now and I couldn't be happier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »