Home

Can we please get Accelerated Clock removed???

This is a discussion on Can we please get Accelerated Clock removed??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #33
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Can we please get Accelerated Clock removed???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
...and if you think an real NFL QB can do all of this in the 10 seconds or so they usually have remaining on the playclock when they get to the line of scrimmage, you're insane. Sorry bro...that's not real football. That's typical (up until this year) Madden Online crap. That's "Madden Nation Tournament Crowd" garbage. They've eliminated most of that now and I couldn't be happier.
The fact that he's talking about using 3 or 4 hot routes on one play should tell you exactly where his priorities are...
Old 08-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #34
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey_The_Giraffe
please gtfo with this. go turn it off and if you play online just play unranked with it off. personally i love it. i do 10 minute quarters with 15 second runoff and i get great stats. i dont get any delay of game penalties and i have enough time to make an audible. i usually just do formation audibles so it takes no tiem at all.
Horse****! I'm glad you are enjoying your unranked games, your 10 minute quarters, and your realistic stats. I am as well but I also like to play ranked games online, and for those games the accelerated clock should be off, especially with only 5 minute quarters.

That foolish fight for the fumble should be off for online games as well.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:42 AM   #35
Rookie

Jester7677's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
...and if you think an real NFL QB can do all of this in the 10 seconds or so they usually have remaining on the playclock when they get to the line of scrimmage, you're insane. Sorry bro...that's not real football. That's typical (up until this year) Madden Online crap. That's "Madden Nation Tournament Crowd" garbage. They've eliminated most of that now and I couldn't be happier.
I think that they can and I think that your not giving the individual position players or QBs enough credit to adjust based on what they see. They can make hand/foot and verbal jestures all at once. What 'I' have to do in the game takes longer than it would a QB and players to communicate. Thats why I need a bit more time.

Hey, if you just want to call a play and hope for the best, be my guest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #36
Rookie

Jester7677's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
The fact that he's talking about using 3 or 4 hot routes on one play should tell you exactly where his priorities are...
Please tell me, I'd love to hear this...
Old 08-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #37
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester7677
You can do Man Lock. If memory serves...

Start the game
pause it
go to Coaching Options
last option is to set defender lock or something like that.

Yes, it's in there and I was THRILLED to see it because motion was a crappy thing to do without it. STUPID that they ever took it out, but that's a whole different subject.
No, those are defensive assignments, which are stolen from 2k5.

Man lock was the name of a last gen feature that has yet to make the important jump to next gen where the following can happen:

Set to ON: if in man, you show man, if in zone, you show man and all zone players shift their respective zones. For example if you are in cover 2 zone under and the O is in a I form twins left, your #1 CB will line up as though he were in man with the WR, but he is actually in zone coverage. The #1 CB's flats zone on the other side of the field is now the assignment of the LOLB, that LB's assignment is now taken by the MLB, the MLB's now taken by the ROLB, and the ROLB's assignment is taken by the #1 CB.

Set to OFF: When in Zone, defenders look like they are in zone, when in Man defenders still look like they are in zone. In the above example our #1 CBN would now be in man coverage but show zone by staying on his side of the field. Now there is a man miss-match as the ROLB is in Man against a #1 WR and the #1 CB is in man with whom ever the LOLB should have been in man with, normally the TE.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both options, the most key being to throw off coverage reads by opposing user QBs. Again, like I said, "Oh, you thought it was man, but it was zone. thank you for the pick 6 sir. Now go pull the plug because you are bad at football."
Old 08-19-2009, 08:40 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 34

For a standard 5 minute qtr online game, it can be a little annoying at times.

Especially on first downs after a change of posession. I feel like I'm pretty much trapped into my play call.

Other then that, Im pretty used to it by now.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #39
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

If you just hot route 3 receivers and a running back all day, what's the point of having a playbook?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 08-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #40
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
If you just hot route 3 receivers and a running back all day, what's the point of having a playbook?

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »