Home

Patch the Wildcat (save Pat White)

This is a discussion on Patch the Wildcat (save Pat White) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #25
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Patch the Wildcat (save Pat White)

They should have used the Wildcat from the NCAA. Where you have the option to pass, hand-off or run.

The Wildcat in Madden sucks. It's only a straight run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #26
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I disagree, and not just because I'm a Dolphins fan. Dunn, Vick and Duckett could have run a triple option offence in ATL, which may not have worked as well as it does in college, but I think would have worked pretty well. I just don't buy this "defences are too good" argument for why NFL teams don't run the option. The reason NFL teams don't run the option is because they don't want their QBs getting killed. Someone like Tebow may change that, since he seems tougher than most QBs. Vick and White are backups, so coaches may be a little less worried about them getting hurt. I'm not saying the NFL will go back to the option, but there may well be a long lasting inclusion of Wildcat / Spread option plays in next few years.

Also, the only teams that really stopped the wildcat were Baltimore and Pittsburgh,two of the best defences in the league.
I doubt tebow would last long that way,the NFL defenses are far bigger,faster,stronger,hit harder and overall more talented than anything hes ever seen.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Is it not possible to "cheese proof" the wildcat for online only? it's annoying.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
Of course you can scramble with Pat White, but there is a catch to this. Go into Madden Shop, scroll down and click "When you purchase this, the quarterback can scramble during a Wildcat Play". I believe it's 30 dollars.
LMAO. I'm assuming this is a joke.. if not, i'll fling this Madden CD out the window
Old 08-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
I doubt tebow would last long that way,the NFL defenses are far bigger,faster,stronger,hit harder and overall more talented than anything hes ever seen.
Maybe so, but people say that about every college star. There's no way of knowing until this time next year.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #30
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
Of course you can scramble with Pat White, but there is a catch to this. Go into Madden Shop, scroll down and click "When you purchase this, the quarterback can scramble during a Wildcat Play". I believe it's 30 dollars.
Haha well said... I want this thread to be seen when they're looking for stuff to patch so I'm going to try and keep it near the front.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 11

not to change the subject, but can anyone post a list of teams that have the wildcat in thier playbook? id appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #32
Rookie

dabeavs541's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
They should have used the Wildcat from the NCAA. Where you have the option to pass, hand-off or run.

The Wildcat in Madden sucks. It's only a straight run.
I agree. I remember running the Wildcat on NCAA 09' and you definitely could do more than just run. I wanted to throw Vick into the wildcat while I was playing offline and they wouldn't even let me sub him in unless I made him a WR (I even tried putting him as the backup QB). I ended up just subbing him in as the shotgun quarterback. I think that they need to patch the wildcat because Desean Jackson will not run that formation anymore for Eagles, and I could have sworn that Michael Robinson from the 49ers used to be a quarterback at Penn State so what's stopping him from throwing the ball now.
Ohhhhh Sssss Uuuuu Oregon State Fight Fight Fight!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »