Home

Scouting and Drafting to easy?

This is a discussion on Scouting and Drafting to easy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Scouting and Drafting to easy?

After my first season with the Saints, I traded my 1st round draft pick to the Rams for 2 2nd round picks because I didn't want a big star that cost a lot, just a lot of solid players.

But even though I didn't draft a first round pick, I had about 4 rookies in the 80's (the highest being an 84 Fullback). This seems a little unfair to me. And I'm pretty sure that all of them have A potential. And I had no picks below 65.

Does anyone else feel that this is a bit too easy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
MattUMD224

OVR:
Re: Scouting and Drafting to easy?

Madden Generated Drafts are the downfall for franchise...players come in too good and too high of ratings

Old 08-19-2009, 01:35 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

I've had about 4 busts so far and 1 gem.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

It is a little bit better if your skip scouting, you will get more busts then, but in general, its pretty bad. I started another thread about this in the Madden Roster's forum

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 08-19-2009, 01:47 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

If they don't want to go to a more realistic rating system then they need to do something more like HC 09 minus being able to see potential ratings and player comparisons. Just showing the plusses, minuses, combine results, some skills if they are scouted at the senior bowl, and interview results if they are interviewed at the combine. Also maybe add some more skills if they are scouted in individual workouts.

I feel you really should only see their potential after about 3 seasons, but I also feel you should only know exact ratings after a season or two using the player or a few seasons at least when playing against him.

Any system that allows you to know how good a player will be before he is even drafted will always be too easy for anyone with even half a brain to put together wildly successful classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 01:48 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

27th Pick of the 2010. Colts draft CB. 34 Overall F potential. Scouting is fine for those who bother with it.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:01 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
27th Pick of the 2010. Colts draft CB. 34 Overall F potential. Scouting is fine for those who bother with it.
You drafted a guy in the first round with f potential while actually scouting?? I generally have a dozen or so guys with A potential who could be had anywhere in the first 3 rounds.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:03 AM   #8
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't think it's too easy at all maybe scouting is to easy, but as far as drafting players goes it's not bad. I wish they went back to the older scouting though where they gave you more info on how a player was, and gave you a small comparison of who they play like or there play style. The whole giving you the players ratings in certain categories was kind of vague to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »