Home

How exactly do you use Vick?

This is a discussion on How exactly do you use Vick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
How exactly do you use Vick?

His accuracy sucks. I cant seem to get him in Wildcat either. What are his uses in this game now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
Rookie

SmoothOlaf's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How exactly do you use Vick?

I don't like the Wildcat in this game. You can't put a fast QB in shotgun. What's the point? If I can only put WRs, HBs, and CBs back there, my opponent pretty much knows a run is coming and the whole point of the formation is gone.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Run like you stole something.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Miami has 12 wildcat plays. You can sub any skill position players with package subs. Vick or McNabb do great in the wildcat. I like to use it in a 3rd n short n sub a QB in so it looks like normal set. Its hard to use but it is also hard to stop.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Yeah, wildcat on here is extremely limited as opposed to in real life where wildcat's biggest advantage is all the opportunities and openness. If there was a fully functional play editor then the wildcat could be mush more fun but lets be honest with ourselves, ea will never be able to do that and even if they could they won't because it may lead to cheese online which is ridiculous because there is already enough cheese there to keep me away.

If ea ever gives us a play editor they will probably say you can do anything in it but it will be more like HC09's play editor in which you could barely do anything with the oline, couldn't design your own run plays or play action plays other than predesigned ones, had limited routes, couldn't change a defensive player's stance, etc. Oh well, enough of that rant.

Anyway, back to vick, I have not used him yet but I would say the use for him would be similar to the use for t-jack. Try running PA roleouts or moving around a little to change passing lanes and buy time for recievers to get open so you can make easier throws. Use his playmaking ability to run the ball forcing the defense to take a man out of coverage to spy him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think they've done a really good job with the Wildcat formation so far. Miami is one of few teams (if not the only team) to show a lot of variety in plays out of the Wildcat.

In talking about the Wildcat (not the spread...apparently there's some confusion for some people), I was playing against a friend who used Miami and FLAT OUT ABUSED ME with the Wildcat. Did a screen pass to White, whose raw speed is what makes him a weapon. Also gave up a long TD run up the middle to Ronnie Brown. Stopped most of the stuff with handoffs to Ricky Williams, though.

I noticed that Vick has something like a 70 catch rating...I'm going to avoid the obvious prison joke there, and ask who else finds that interesting...Did he play WR in that prison league or something?

Also, aside from Minnesota, who DOESN'T have a Wildcat formation?

P.S. I love the fact that Atlanta's version is called the 'Dirty Bird'.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

He'll drop back 10 yards, run all the way to the left, wait for the dumb players to chase and then Turbo to the right up the field.

That's the Michael Vick experience - welcome back to 2006.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

your complaining about VICK? lol, try using Jamarcus!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »