Home

Best Draft Picks (Franchise)

This is a discussion on Best Draft Picks (Franchise) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:49 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Best Draft Picks (Franchise)

6'4" 220lb WR - 3rd Round
84 OVR - A Potential
98 SPD
88 CTH

Then I restarted my Franchise to get the updated roster. lol
Old 08-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

The NCAA draft classes are horrible, no one any good and and Eric Berry comes in a 58. EA messed up the draft classes.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:26 AM   #11
Rookie

limsol45's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primerica
The NCAA draft classes are horrible, no one any good and and Eric Berry comes in a 58. EA messed up the draft classes.
Yup every time i try and do an ncaa class he comes in at 58. A guy who is 99 in his jr year in ncaa. I thought it was because he was a JR coming into the draft, so i made sure he stayed his sr year for the other franchise i did and still a 58 to 60. BS. Still picked him in both lol. i might just create him at an 80 with A potential.

Im in year 3 year with my chiefs and I'm gunna start using the madden classes from now on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

The draft/player progression has been my favorite part of this game. I had only bought one copy of Madden in the last 5-ish years but this version was hyped up bigtime prior to release and has exceeded my lofty expectations.

That said, here's some of my draft gems thus far:

Matt Hoover (C, Minnesota) - 6th Round - 79/B Pot (Rated 85 after Year 1)
Orleans Baltimore (MLB) - 6th Round - 83/B (Finished 2nd in ROY Voting)
Tom Adcock (G) - 5th Round - 79/A

In back to back years I picked two DEs in the 7th Round that ended up with 10+ sacks (14 one year; 16 the other)...both were pure speed rushers with great Finesse Moves ratings and little else. Playing as the Vikings with Allen and the 2 Williams' though, these guys were just what the doctor ordered.

I disagree with those saying drafting is too easy. I've had some bombs too -- an 83/A FS taken 1st Round....with 25 AWR!?$%$.

Also took a QB in the 3rd Round that ended up 50/A (hey, in 6-8 years he *might* be decent!). And a 1st Round CB that came in 74/C (I could have found similar value in Rounds 5-7).

If you're willing to put in the time scouting, drafting might seem too easy but if 'you don't do the time, you can't pull off the crime.' Risk/reward there seems fair to me.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been doing the Ncaa draft classes and I'm finding it really hard to find gems. In two years I traded up for LT Ciron Black (82/A) and C Maurkice Pouncey (87/A!!!!99 Run Blocking), but those were top 5 picks. Everything after that sucked, and Eric Berry was 58 in mine too (stayed his Senior year), as was Javier Arenas. Taylor Mays was amazing though, even though they're both similar in NCAA.
Colt McCoy was 47 with F potential. Ouch.
I think I'm gonna do Madden classes from now on, it seems more fun.
Washington Wizards
Old 08-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

2 separate drafts, but 2 beasts

Michael Bolt - Pretty sure this is Mike Vick and Usain Bolt combined, because he is a black, left handed QB 6'1 209lbs with 99 speed 99accel and 99 agility, not to mention 98thp and 72acc - he came in as a 73 with A potential

Something? Swillie - 6'2 241MLB 86ovr as a MLB but he had 90speed and 97 hit power and I was lacking a SS so I switched him over to SS and he is now a 94 rookie with A potential

My friend and I are noticing alot of similar names like Swillie plays and looks like Patrick Willis, Mike Vick clone at QB and we both noticed two Rb's that had the names Erik Nickerson and Boar Jackson. Boar Jackson was an absolute animal too.

The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love. ~Bryant Gumbel, 1981
Old 08-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm trying to resurrect the Raiders. In my first year, Jamarcus was terrible (43% completion, 3 TD - 11 INT) while splitting time with Garcia (simmed the whole year).

I knew he wasn't my QB of the future despite his overall going up 5 points to a 78 (should have gone down 10 points with the year he had).

Had the 4th pick in the draft and I had scouted this QB named Michael Bolt and immediately fell in love. He's basically a clone of Michael Vick. Right when I saw he ran a 4.25 40 yard dash I had to check him out. He only stands 6-1 but he's got 97 speed and 94 throwing power. I had the 4th pick and saw he was a 1st round projection so I traded down to pick 15 and took the kid. Ended up being just a 73 (his accuracy isn't special and his awareness is low, sounds exactly like JaMarcus) but his potential is A.

Played the first preseason game. JaMarcus was my starter but I took him out halfway through the 1st half and let the rookie take over against a daunting Ravens D. Gosh there's nothing better than knowing that you can evade any rushers that get in your way with this kid. He's DISGUSTING! 97 speed for a QB....drools. He ended up driving me down the field for a field goal making some real nice throws. He's still got alot of work to do and his deep ball accuracy is subpar at best but hopefully I can make him into a star.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

I just drafted probably the best 1st round pick I have drafted in this game. He was projected as a 2nd round pick but I was picking 27th and didn't want to chance losing him in the early second before I had a chance to take him. He cost was too much for one player for a late 1st round pick (7 years 83 million dollars) but when I got to see his ratings it was worth it. 85 overall, A potential, 99 speed, 98 man coverage, 97 jump, 99 press. Also, he is 6'1" and just over 200 pounds so he has great size for a corner. Basically a perfect corner other than being kinda weak in zone coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »